kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 58.40M KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES | 13.70M THE FALL GUY | 4.38M CHALLENGERS | TAROT

4 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Here’s THR trying to explain that low CinemaScore:

Insiders close to the film aren’t overly concerned about the CinemaScore, noting that 85 percent of moviegoers gave it an A or a B. This suggests that a vocal minority dragged down the overall score by giving it a C or lower.

If there is true that must be one of the most organised troll ever because all three exit poll (Postrak, cinemascore and verified RT score) align with each other. Not even TLJ backlash could bring down its cinemascore and it was only RT audience score was affected. I can’t imagine any vocal group to root against Apes because the franchise has been largely non-offensive, unless people got offended to see all black apes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

I think the likelyhood of Kingdom having a sub 55m weekend is low, unless Jat overestimated, which is probably not likely, considering it’s been having amazing walkups, so my prediction is 57.5m if Sunday gives a good hold from Saturday.

Interestingly Kingdom would only be 400k away from Kung Fu Panda 4’s 57.9m weekend in March. 

Biggest Opening Weekends of 2024:

Dune: Part Two - 82.5m

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire - 80m

Kung Fu Panda 4 - 57.9m

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes - 55-57.5m

Monkeys and pandas and wurms, oh my

• Haha 2

Man KFP has had some incredible holds. GxK has as well, but even the kfp is slowly catching up to GxKs daily total. 

Apes hurt GxK just a tad it seems. It’s going to be a huge drag watching GxK hit or miss 200. At this point just get to 195m and see from there. 

7 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Wow a good Saturday hold who would've thought!! (Me)

Well, the last few weekends, it seems the trend (for openers) has been decent Saturdays compared to true Fridays...I'm assuming if folks are paying a bundle for tickets, they are going when they most want to go...on a relaxing Saturday.

39 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Just been to see a preview of IF

If there’s any justice in the world then this thing is going to break out big style. Tremendous family movie. 

Would have helped if they didn't schedule it one week before Garfield.  The kid/family market has been barren - see KFP4 holds - begging for content. 

17 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Would have helped if they didn't schedule it one week before Garfield.  The kid/family market has been barren - see KFP4 holds - begging for content. 

true. Word of mouth will be gangbusters for it though so should hold well versus Garfield.  A week of adults telling other adults it gave them all the feels. 

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

It's so absurd that we had only one major family film release in the first 19 weeks of the year and now we're about to have four over the next eight weeks (IF, Garfield, IO2, DM4). I feel like they should have scheduled KFP4 for Presidents Day weekend (get a holiday bump when it opens, then a spring break bump a few weeks later), then Garfield on or right before Easter (maybe Sony swaps it with Ghostbusters?), then IF has four weekends to itself before IO2. But Hollywood doesn't seem to know how to space stuff out anymore...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

that’s not a bad Friday at all. It’s only 200k behind Godzilla’s Friday of 600k.

it could possibly push for a 2 million weekend? 

Wish granted.

• Astonished 3

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Really it's Garfield's fault not sticking to the February release date it initially had