Latest episode was tense as hell. After a shaky start this season is fucking killing it on the home stretch. Hope they don't pull any silly shit in the last two.

And Javadi makes for a much better terrorist baddie than Abu Nazir ever did. Cold blooded motherfucker.

Yeah this season has definitely improved as it progressed.

And Javadi makes for a very interesting character since he knows Saul has him over a barrel, but you can tell he is working out mentally a plan to get what he needs to survive even while cooperating. I can imagine the season ending with Saul technically getting what he wants, but having to come to terms with an empowered Javadi free of any leverage and therefore even more dangerous.

Great penultimate episode, but I feel like they missed a great opportunity to off Brody in Akbari's office. As Brody said, it all started there, so ending it there would have been brilliant.

Also, did anyone else hear what sounded like a muffled gunshot as Brody was dialing Carrie? I'm thinking that Javadi might have just killed himself to avoid arrest/torture/etc.

• Like 1

I think the show has pretty well justified not killing off Brody sooner since I've really dug the shit with him so far and these last two episodes have been the best of the season. So well done Homeland writers.

Although if you killed Brody off in the next episode I wouldn't complain.

• Like 1

THEY DID IT!!!! HE'S DEAD!!!!

*cough* ahem, moving on.

They ended the season pretty damn well. Lots of quiet dramatic and character moments. And now Season 4 is set up to be the kind of premise I wanted Season 3 to be: Carrie running a station overseas, presumably having to deal with a new threat there.

• Like 2