Eric is Quiet

Bad Boys: Ride or Die (2024) Spoiler Thread

Bad Boys: Ride or Die (2024)  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

Posted (edited)

I like how the film set up Marcus's Son In Law Reggie and Mike's New found Son Armando. It felt like those young characters can grow with the franchise going forward and you may have a spin off on your hands down the line.  I saw something online saying call it "Bad Sons", lol.  Both of them are young actors so I don't know if they can carry a movie just yet.  But you can elevate their characters in Bad Boys 5 (You know it's happening).    I know the critics hate when blockbusters do this but I enjoyed how there were so many story arcs that connected. 

You had Captain Howard's Daughter Revenge Arc.  You had Mike's Son Redemption Arc after killing Captain Howard.  You had the Reggie from shy teen to a Badass Arc,  You hard Marcus spiritual awakening no fear arc.  You had Mike panic attacks because now he was afraid of losing his Wife and new found Son arc. Ammo team arc along with Rita and her relationship Arc, You had the whole Captain Howard Police Conspiracy arc.  I mean for all those story threads, I thought it came together well in the end.   The Reggie Scene and Martin Slapping Will during the Panic Attack brought the house down, huge claps, cheers and laughs.  Also LOL @ The Michael Bay Cameo.   He was driving the original Porsche from "Bad Boys 1":

MS5qcGVn.jpeg

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Unfitclock said:

The Reggie action scene in this movie and the barbecue scene were awesome 

Reggie’s character arc across all these movies was just magnificent. Other movies wish they had this.

• Like 4

Nothing groundbreaking, but upholds the franchise's MO after nearly 30 years of being an enjoyable enough diversion. These films earn points for consistent quality (with the exception of the asinine II). Will Smith proves the Oscars debacle hasn't diminished his natural charisma that remains as strong as ever at 55, and his chemistry with Martin Lawrence (receiving all of the funniest lines, as usual) remains a highlight.

Reggie is definitely the MVP though. What an unexpected certified badass icon!

B-

definitely better than the last one this one actually has cool action. Guessed Mr Fantastic as a "surprise" villain approximately 0.4 seconds into his screentime. 

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

Echo the praise for the Reggie moments. Easily the best couple of scenes in an overall fun movie. Thought some of the camerawork was inventive too, and lived up to the Bayhem standard. 

The panic attack subplot felt tacked on, and every aspect of the plot is wholly predictable, but thankfully it stays light on its feet the entire time.