kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 07-09, 2024] | actuals | 56.5M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE | 10.0M GARFIELD | 7.8M IF | 7.0M THE WATCHERS

Very nice number for BB4. I knew it would be a hit.

An almost 60 year old Will Smith continues to deliver the hits while the younger generation flops or goes to Netflix. Waiting for Glen Powell to deliver too with Twisters. That's gonna hit at least 50M too

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eric Burnett said:

Anyone know how these markets compare to For Life?

Bad Boys For Life: 101 Million WW Opening

Bad Boys Ride or Die: 104,6 Million WW Opening

The Franchise really held serve after the Pandemic.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Eric Burnett said:

I don't think we're getting there. But 390's still good.

I hope it legs out. And please, I want a sequel.

• Like 2

Just now, kayumanggi said:

I hope it legs out. And please, I want a sequel.

Would be surprised if we didn't get that announcement at this point. Maybe it'll be official at D23.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmscholar said:

Oh no I agree that "Disaster Movie" element is the biggest selling point.  And yes the Visual effects and Tornados really sold "Twister" back in 96.  With that said, I do think Bill and Helen had some drawing power back then that helped for sure since "Mad about You" was popular at the time and Bill was in a ton films.   Philip was more supporting character so no I don't think he necessarily sold it.   There were so many disaster films back then that had big Stars attached.  "Volcano", "Dante's Peak", "Armageddon, Deep impact" etc.  But "Twister" remains one of the bigger successes of the Genre. 

Chomping at the bit to do my Twister rewatch or more like my 50th. Going to wait to closer to release of Twisters.  Jan Debont what a one two punch he started his directing career with after being one of the top DOP's for years. Speed and then Twister.  Speed turns 30 tomorrow. Will do my 50th rewatch of that this week.  He then directed 3 movies that all flopped commercially and critcally.  Speed 2, The Haunting and Tomb Raider 2. That was it for him.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Eric Burnett said:

Would be surprised if we didn't get that announcement at this point. Maybe it'll be official at D23.

Seems a bit soon for that given all the other stuff they want to promote. Also isn't Wes Ball doing Zelda next?