Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

3 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Β 

I do think the interest in originals is slowly coming back. Elemental legged out to a profitable total, Bad Guys actually did do pretty solid for its budget and is now having a sequel coming out next year. Migration was pretty weak by Illumination standards, yes, but it did also benefit from a low budget and a lack of competition for the rest of its run. The only studio that has really taken a hit is WDA with its misfires that a lot of people saw coming long before they released.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

If you're focused on budgets, sure. But neither the Bad Guys or Migration had particularly impressive runs. They were just made on the cheap and maybe that will become the sustainable model. Pre-covid a lot of animated originals went above half a billion but not even Elemental could pull that off.Β 

I can see Universal moving How to Train Your Dragon to the Ballerina weekend. Or even Memorial Day? Or the pre Memorial weekend.

Β 

If Universal doesn't move, I think both will stay on the same weekend.

1 minute ago, ZeroHour said:

If you're focused on budgets, sure. But neither the Bad Guys or Migration had particularly impressive runs. They were just made on the cheap and maybe that will become the sustainable model. Pre-covid a lot of animated originals went above half a billion but not even Elemental could pull that off.Β 

Β 

Well, we don't have a lot of post-covid data to draw any further conclusions besides the WDA bombs. Weak reviews definitely can be a death sentence, but that was true for them even before COVID. If their pandemic movies did release now I think they would still be hits.

9 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Β 

I haven't seen Cars 2 or 3 nor do I have any interest in them

One of the best arguments against having children, it will save you from having to watch these two movies. My son went through a big Cars phase.

• Haha 2