Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

34 minutes ago, Potiki said:

Yeah I'm not sure why The Numbers separates Disney and 20th, Searchlight I kinda get (same with Focus/Uni) but not something like New Line and Warner, does seems strange. That said whenever Disney touts box office numbers they include all their divisions.Β 

That's because New Line isn't a distributor anymore. They just produce films for WB.

3 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

That's because New Line isn't a distributor anymore. They just produce films for WB.

20th isn't a distributor either, Disney distributes their films. Searchlight still has autonomy which is why I mentioned it was less strange.Β 

Edited by Potiki
  • Like 3

These numbers man! Feels really good. Charlie's and EC's numbers are a little different but I have a feeling Charlie is just being cautious. Nothing wrong with that. Even if true Friday is around $47M that's still nuts. That likely sets up a $50M Saturday.

Β 

My floor for OW at this point is 148:

Β 

Thursday: $13M

Friday: $47M

Saturday: $49M

Sunday: $39M

Β 

That's being very conservative with the Saturday and Sunday numbers. Like I said, it's the floor. In all likelihood it flirts with $155M to $160M.

4 minutes ago, Potiki said:

20th isn't a distributor either, Disney distributes their films. Searchlight still has autonomy which is why I mentioned it was less strange.Β 

Oh I thought 20th still distributed their films. That's what's listed on BOM and The Numbers and stuff. Or is there just a formality or something?

Just now, Insomnia said:

Oh I thought 20th still distributed their films. That's what's listed on BOM and The Numbers and stuff. Or is there just a formality or something?

They haven't distributed films since the merger:

Β 

Post-merger, Fox Searchlight, now re-branded Searchlight Pictures, enjoys a lot of autonomy in the Disney empire, greenlighting pics they know and operating their own distribution, publicity and marketing teams. 20th Century Studios (which recently dropped the Fox) was melded into the bigger Disney fold, fusing all its operations.

source:Β https://deadline.com/2020/01/emma-watts-leaves-disneys-20th-century-studios-1202846855/

9 minutes ago, Skim Beeble said:

If it REALLY overperforms, like $165-175m, could we see $100m+ again next weekend? or will Father's Day inflate Sunday too much.

Can hope for 2nd weekend like 55-60% of true FSS, so 173 ow ->88-96ish. Over IO1 ow a nice goal

Edited by Legion Again

In fact say that io2 opens 13+160, then true oweek maybe goes for like 222 for 235 7day cume? Then if it just matches IO1 run from then onward, 600ish

2 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

In fact say that io2 opens 13+160, then true oweek maybe goes for like 222 for 235 7day cume? Then if it just matches IO1 run from then onward, 600ish

it should do pretty good, it has less competition than IO1 had for the rest of the month, that had Ted 2 and Max open to a combined 45mil on it's 2nd weekend and Terminator and Magic Mike open to 40mil, IO 2 has AQP on week 2 but that's basically it.... then it's got DM4 vs IO1 having Minions in its 4th weekend, the real big benefit for IO2 though is not releasing the week after something as big as Jurassic World.Β 

Disney and Pixar must be beaming with joy with these numbers. It's now flirting with 160M when a few weeks ago we were just thinking an opening of 80M is okay in the current landscape.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

it should do pretty good, it has less competition than IO1 had for the rest of the month, that had Ted 2 and Max open to a combined 45mil on it's 2nd weekend and Terminator and Magic Mike open to 40mil, IO 2 has AQP on week 2 but that's basically it.... then it's got DM4 vs IO1 having Minions in its 4th weekend, the real big benefit for IO2 though is not releasing the week after something as big as Jurassic World.Β 

AQP is in it's 3rd week.

I like these numbers as well. KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES can finish with 170M.

Β 

In second, Sony’sΒ Bad Boys: Ride or DieΒ is keeping up against the whale that isΒ Inside Out 2, down only -50% in weekend 2 withΒ $28MΒ and aΒ $7.5MΒ Friday and aΒ $107.2MΒ running total by Sunday at 3,885 sites.

Β 

20th Century Studios/Disney’sΒ Kingdom of the Planet of the ApesΒ refuses to leave the top five of the chart in its 6th weekend withΒ $4.45MΒ at 2,600 locations, -18%,, and a running cume ofΒ $157M.

• Like 7

How many of the top films this year are going to have 2 or variations Two/Deux in the title?

Β 

I think it could be 4 of the Top 10 with Dune, Moana, Inside Out and Joker; Gladiator is another possibility but I'm not high on it.Β 

Β 

Including numbers for sequel films Despicable Me 4 should make the top 10, Sonic 3 a maybe.Β 

Β 

Also lots of films with 1/One in their title, Quiet Place, Transformers, Horizon, Red One 😜 but don't think any of them make the Top 10. 

2 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Wait until there's a sequel to Turning Red where Mei has to team up with other women of color who turn into their own culture's lucky animal and have to save the world from a superhuman threat.

That sounds 90s anime shounen as fuck … Don’t threaten me with a good time!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Potiki said:

How many of the top films this year are going to have 2 or variations Two/Deux in the title?

Β 

I think it could be 4 of the Top 10 with Dune, Moana, Inside Out and Joker; Gladiator is another possibility but I'm not high on it.Β 

Β 

Including numbers for sequel films Despicable Me 4 should make the top 10, Sonic 3 a maybe.Β 

Β 

Also lots of films with 1/One in their title, Quiet Place, Transformers, Horizon, Red One 😜 but don't think any of them make the Top 10. 

Godzilla, Kong and Venom breaking the mold.

25 minutes ago, Potiki said:

Β 

It's a shame how much Horizon has just crashed and burned. There was so much potential in the beginning. Smh