Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

Just now, wildphantom said:

Inside Out over Furiosa’s entire domestic to date - ONE DAYΒ 

Β 

amy poehler weekend GIF by Disney Pixar

That doesn't make me feel very happy. My beautiful Furiosa :(

• Sad 4

This weekend likely generating aggregate weekend gross of over 200m. The biggest single weekend since barbieheimer weekend. This weekend is another golden example of counter programming and how a healthy industry should look like.Β 
Β 

IO2 blow up and beat the most optimistic expectation. However one single monster didn’t hurt BBDL to drop less than 50% in second weekend. One of the best second weekend hold for a major tentpole.Β 
Β 

Meanwhile, Apes seem to getting spillover crowd hunting for PG13 action movie. Garfield, hold surprisingly ok against IO2. Maybe some parents thought IO2 is too mature and Garfield is more suitable for younger kids.Β 
Β 

Neither Fall guys and Furiosa went complete missing under the weigh of IO2.Β 
Β 

All in, almost everyone is a winner of someways.

Β 

Β 

• Like 7

Assuming 620M DOM = 58M admissions, then it needs around $510-530M DOM to sell more tickets than Avatar 2 domestically. It's going to demolish that number easily. I's gunning for $608M to become the biggest animation domestically.

Edited by HummingLemon496

42 minutes ago, Eric S'ennui said:

Hot take, but I feel like we could see a Barbenheimer thing going on with Moana 2 and Wicked, albeit on a smaller scale. Like when it comes to non-Disney properties, Disney Adults areΒ obsessedΒ with Wicked. Broadway in general I suppose, but Wicked is a big one that audience loves to pieces. I can totally see something where Disney Adults watch both movies that same holiday weekend and make an event out of it. It's just a combination of two things they already love back to back.

It would be great to see two Thanksgiving openers flourish again. Outside of Barbenheimer what has been the biggest 1-2 opening weekend since Covid?

Β 

Β 

25 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Β 

Β 

Wicked would kill it in the empty December slot.

Universal is probably afraid of being the also-ran movie if they move, where audiences have the attitude that they've just seen a musical (Moana 2) so they're good, and skip Wicked.

Β 

Β 

5 minutes ago, YM! said:

Tbh there is no Frozen without Wicked.

Disney was trying to adapt The Snow Queen before Snow White even, but the Frozen take with two princesses is very Wicked inspired. Plus, they have Adele Dazeem in common.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Disney was trying to adapt The Snow Queen before Snow White even, but the Frozen take with two princesses is very Wicked inspired. Plus, they have Adele Dazeem in common.

Also in addition to Idina owning Elsa, her nuanced role vs a villain and Let It Go were inspired by Wicked who Idina played the main role on Broadway.

• Like 1

Top 10 projections from Deadline

Β 

1.)Β Inside Out 2Β (Dis) 4,440 theaters, FriΒ $62M, 3-dayΒ $140M-$150M/Wk 1

2.)Β Bad Boys: Ride or DieΒ (Sony) 3,885 theaters, FriΒ $8.5MΒ (-60%), 3-dayΒ $31.5MΒ (-44%), TotalΒ $110.7M/Wk 2

3.)Β Kingdom of the Planet of the ApesΒ (20th/Dis) 2,600 (-555) theaters, FriΒ $1.3MΒ (-10%) 3-dayΒ $5.4MΒ (even), TotalΒ $158M/Wk 6

4.)Β Garfield MovieΒ (Sony) 3,411 (-548) theaters, FriΒ $1.5MΒ (-48%) 3-dayΒ $5.3MΒ (-47%) TotalΒ $78.8M/Wk 4
Will become the highest grossing move in the franchise stateside besting 2004’sΒ Garfield: The MovieΒ which finaled at $75.3M.

5.)Β IFΒ (Par) 3,006 (-576) theaters, FriΒ $1.07MΒ (-54%), 3-day $3.6M (-54%) TotalΒ $101M/Wk 5

6.)Β WatchersΒ (NL) 3,351 theaters, FriΒ $1.1MΒ (-62%) 3-dayΒ $3.4MΒ (-51%), TotalΒ $13.4M/Wk 2

7.)Β FuriosaΒ (WB) 1,874 (-1110) theaters, FriΒ $625KΒ (-48%) 3-dayΒ $2.4MΒ (-42%) TotalΒ $63.1M/Wk 4

8.)Β The Fall GuyΒ (Uni) 1,663 (-747) theaters, FriΒ $430KΒ (-48%) 3-dayΒ $1.45MΒ (-44%), TotalΒ $87.8M/Wk 7

9.)Β Strangers – Part 1Β (LG) 1,027 (-989) FriΒ $260KΒ (-56%) 3-dayΒ $800KΒ (-55%) TotalΒ $33.9M/Wk 5

10.)Β TuesdayΒ (A24) 654 (+652) theaters, FriΒ $110KΒ (=1011%), 3-dayΒ $286KΒ (+1017%),Β TotalΒ $318K/Wk 2

Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric S'ennui said:

Β 

Β 

What is with that massive lowball for Inside Out 2? Even worse case it gets to 150m easily. The range should 100% be 150-165mΒ 

63% female. It is very very female skewing.
Β 

PostTrak exits are still huge at 89% positive, 71% definite recommend with 63% women attending and 21% of the audience under 12, 32% between 13-17 (the largest demo), and 51% between 18-34.Β Β The sequel is playing best in the West, Mountain and Midwest with the AMC Dine-In Disney Springs in Orlando, Florida, the best location in the nation with $162K so far. Imax and PLFs are accounting for a quarter of the weekend’s ticket sales so far with 14% from 3D.

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eric S'ennui said:

Β 

Β 

I'm shocked with how low Furiosa is looking to drop considering the loss of theaters this weekend. That's also great for Apes, where did that come from

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

63% female. It is very very female skewing.
Β 

PostTrak exits are still huge at 89% positive, 71% definite recommend with 63% women attending and 21% of the audience under 12, 32% between 13-17 (the largest demo), and 51% between 18-34.Β Β The sequel is playing best in the West, Mountain and Midwest with the AMC Dine-In Disney Springs in Orlando, Florida, the best location in the nation with $162K so far. Imax and PLFs are accounting for a quarter of the weekend’s ticket sales so far with 14% from 3D.

Β 

Β 

Β 

A but surprised by it, I know the main characters are females but I found the whole concept as universal as other Pixar moviesΒ 

Edited by Mickiland16