Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

3 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Still seems high, I think 500-530m, This is a sequel so there is more fanrush.

Assuming $155M OW, TS4/FD legs would mean $550-560M. Still insanely fucking good (biggest movie of the year domestic) and would put it on track for above The Last Jedi WW using the DOM/OS split as the first movie. And honestly I would not totally rule out $600M+ though it is unlikely.Β 

Edited by HummingLemon496

59 minutes ago, misterpepp said:

This is tremendously antagonistic. I rarely comment on the etiquette of other users here, but this is getting pretty unbearable. Reel it in, please.

It's not antagonistic to call good numbers good and bad numbers bad.Β 

Β 

Unlike most other people on this forum I don't go by the, "these shitty results aren't shitty because of X, Y, and Z" (quoted mostly from Legion Again himself) logic.Β 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Assuming $155M OW, TS4/FD legs would mean $550-560M. Still insanely fucking good (biggest movie of the year domestic) and would put it on track for above The Last Jedi WW using the DOM/OS split as the first movie. And honestly I would not totally rule out $600M+ though it is unlikely.Β 

That’s possible, but I still think being a much bigger opening than those 2 will make it harder to keep pace. And Despicable Me 4 is only a few weeks away.

Β 

Closer to Incredibles 2 3.3x makes more sense to me.Β 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

That’s possible, but I still think being a much bigger opening than those 2 will make it harder to keep pace. And Despicable Me 4 is only a few weeks away.

Β 

Closer to Incredibles 2 3.3x makes more sense to me.Β 

Incredibles II was a superhero movie which made it more front-loaded compared to other animated movies. 3.3x is kinda weak for an A+ CS animated movie during the summer but that's because of the genre the movie was in, superhero movies just have more of a "fan-rush" factor.Β 

Β 

Β 

There’s an anxiety attack going on by a certain user. Very concerning. Would be nice to just read about current numbers.
Β 

Pages of favorite pets and movies is on brand Β for the weekend threads, I forgot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

It's not antagonistic to call good numbers good and bad numbers bad.Β 

Β 

Unlike most other people on this forum I don't go by the, "these shitty results aren't shitty" (quoted from Legion Again himself) logic.Β 

Β 

Saying that your fellow BOT users "bitched" at you and quoting them as if they're "waaaah"ing is very much being antagonistic.

Β 

I mean what I say in as friendly of a manner as possible. I'm no mod/admin, but based on how your behavior is being received, I'm getting the impression that you're not going to be welcome on this forum for very much longer if you keep going down this path.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

And also, thanks for giving the Knock it Off reaction to the "shut the fuck up" guy haha

Β 

If you have a beef with me, how about confronting me directly on it instead of taking all these side swipes? It really is unnecessarily irritating when I want to be happy about this movie's performance like everyone else is. The movie being a breakout does not mean that the rationale for a lower opening was unfounded. I was hoping to simply avoid the doomerism if such a situation occurred, though I guess I have now learned a lesson that your insufferability was gonna be inevitable regardless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I got overhyped but still $155M is massive. Gotta also give credit to the original movie on that one. And see? When a result is good I rightfully call it good, so we can end this "waaaaah please stop concern trolling" bullshit.

Β 

Also, vindication for when people bitched at me for saying an $85M OW would have sucked and seeing all the excuses people were making for how that somehow would have been good haha.Β 

85m OW when Garfield or IF doing 100m each would be a big disaster for Pixar and industry. None of the Pixar sequel aside from Cars open to below 100m. IO2 shouldn’t have join Cars franchise for this dishonourable fame.
Β 

As for presale, IO2 doesn’t look like 100m opener at first, that only change in what matters the most, the final week.Β 
Β 

The passing mark should be at least 100m. I had IO2 to open at 120m like ATSV. Both IO and ITSV are massively beloved across so Io2 shouldn’t have problem matching that 120m. Glad the movie still manage to surprise and impress.

11 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Β 

If you have a beef with me, how about confronting me directly on it instead of taking all these side swipes? It really is unnecessarily irritating when I want to be happy about this movie's performance like everyone else is. The movie being a breakout does not mean that the rationale for a lower opening was unfounded. I was hoping to simply avoid the doomerism if such a situation occurred, though I guess I have now learned a lesson that your insufferability was gonna be inevitable regardless.

Alright, here is the issue.

Β 

In my opinion, explaining why a poor result is happening (yes 85M would've been poor) does not make that poor result good.

Β 

For example, (to help show my point) since IO2 is blowing tf up, let's take a movie with an actualΒ bad OW -- GOTG 3.Β 

Β 

GOTG 3 opened badly because of the brand damage from Eternals/MoM/Thor 4/AM3. I agree with saying something like "There was brand damage, therefore GOTG 3 opened poorly" but I doΒ NOTΒ agree with saying "GOTG 3's OW was not bad when you consider there was brand damage." Like "X happened, therefore Y bad result happened" but I do NOT agree with "Y result is bad but it is actually good when you consider X"Β 

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

85m OW when Garfield or IF doing 100m each would be a big disaster for Pixar and industry.

How dare you call bad numbers badΒ :(

Β 

(yes this is sarcasm)

Β 

Β 

On 6/13/2024 at 9:59 PM, Legion Again said:

Had some time to kill so here’s adjusted too I guess:

I2 223M

Shrek 3 198M

Shrek 2 193M

Dory 173M

F2 158M

TS3 155M

Fwiw real opening is ~TS3/Dory, legs around mid-high 3s make a lot of sense as a base case

1 minute ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

This @HummingLemon496 discourse has gotten kind of irritating. It's clear their mind won't change.Β  Just ignore or will be at odds all day.

Β 

Not expecting any minds to change, I just had to air my grievances. It's the middle of the night and not much else is going on anywayΒ 

• Like 1

Friendly reminder that you can easily use the ignore function on any user, I would recommend doing so for anyone that regularly irritates you. You can always see a post if you are curious even if they are on ignore.Β 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Potiki said:

Friendly reminder that you can easily use the ignore function on any user, I would recommend doing so for anyone that regularly irritates you. You can always see a post if you are curious even if they are on ignore.Β 

Β 

I do wish the ignore quotes feature actually worked too

• Like 1

Alright, I made a mistake. $85M actually would have been a super duper amazing OW and anybody saying that would have been bad is simply a troll who needs to shut the fuck up. Happy now BOT?

Β 

Anyways, back in non-sarcasm mode, my issue is not the actual numbers themselves (they're amazing! 550+ DOM is fucked up), my issue is with how when it was tracking significantly lower (because this movie suddenly blew up) I tried to tell people that result would not have been goodΒ and yet was met with resistance, and theseΒ actualΒ numbers are proving, that, yes, those hypothetical lower numbers would've been bad. And this forum's insistence on not admitting when poor numbers are poor ticks me off!

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 10

8 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Alright, I made a mistake. $85M actually would have been a super duper amazing OW and anybody saying that would have been bad is simply a troll who needs to shut the fuck up. Happy now BOT?

Β 

Anyways, back in non-sarcasm mode, my issue is not the actual numbers themselves (they're amazing! 550+ DOM is fucked up), my issue is with how when it was tracking significantly lower (because this movie suddenly blew up) I tried to tell people that result would not have been goodΒ and yet was met with resistance, and theseΒ actualΒ numbers are proving, that, yes, those hypothetical lower numbers would've been bad. And this forum's insistence on not admitting when poor numbers are poor ticks me off!

Why the need to fight? This isn't reddit or 4 chan. One of the rules at the start of this thread is Don't be a dick, listen to it.Β 

• Like 3