The Wild Eric

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

Too late to do anything about Twisters and DM4 dates now that both have started ticket sales.Β 

Β 

I do think if Twisters does have decent word-of-mouth, the weak August should mean it isn't that badly damaged by Deadpool. I know a lot of teens will see Deadpool but I still think there is a certain audience that prefers the less explicit kind of entertainment that a PG-13 implies, which is something that Twisters won't have to deal with so much as competition unlike what Barbie and Oppenheimer both really were to Dead Reckoning.

Β 

Β 

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Maybe those Disney Plus promos were what got Friday to be a rush. $10 off a ticket right

Β 

Yes.Β Β 

Β 

But it did its job - pool party tonight and all the kids are talking about it.Β  So, the ball got rolling!

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Potiki said:

I really hope DxW, DM4, Joker 2, Venom 3, Moana 2 and Mufasa all over perform and we can at least get close to matching last years Box Office Domestic and probably topping it Worldwide (as China and International have been holding a lot better than Domestic due to local/regional films). For reference we are running about 25% behind Domestic and 11% or so Worldwide.Β 

Β 

Also looking at Disney box office for their FY26 could be insane Zootopia 2, Avatar 3, Avengers 5, Mando + Grogu, Toy Story 5 and Moana Live Action are the big ones scheduled for that 12 month period + likely some other films to be announced should be a good time if all those come out on time.Β 

Yeah, 2026 will be a big year for them. Already 3 potential/locked $1B movies (Frozen 3, Toy Story 5 and Avengers 5) and I think Mando + Grogu has the chance, just a way smaller one.Β 

• Like 2

Oh yeah I remember that there was a buy 2 get 2 deal for Inside Out 2 if you watched Soul Turning Red and Luca by Fandango tickets. Wonder if literally anyone used that deal

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

So what's worst case scenario now? 13+49+49+39? $150 mil.

It will depend on how many dad's want to spend their father's day seeing it.Β  The fact that OD was hugely mom's taking the kids Could be interesting.

I’ve been out of the loop for a few days how the hell did Inside Out 2 have a 62M opening day. Last time I checked the buzz/tracking thread it looked like it was going to do 62M opening weekend. Gotta be one of the most out of the blue breakouts in box office history.Β 

2 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

I’ve been out of the loop for a few days how the hell did Inside Out 2 have a 62M opening day. Last time I checked the buzz/tracking thread it looked like it was going to do 62M opening weekend. Gotta be one of the most out of the blue breakouts in box office history.Β 

it was never as low as 62 for the weekend. Some were saying 80-85 but no lower than that.

20 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Flat Saturday, just like Finding Dory. FD had a steep 24% drop on Sunday, so if IO2Β  has a similar drop, than $150M is more likely than $155M+

12 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

So what's worst case scenario now? 13+49+49+39? $150 mil.

Dory drops spits out 148m with 37m Sunday (-24%) which could be plausible due to large female skew.

5 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

No? No one ever said $62 ow except cartoon brew and they don't know anythingΒ 

1 minute ago, YM! said:

Dory drops spits out 148m with 37m Sunday (-24%) which could be plausible due to large female skew.

So people should not be shocked. This is not a red blooded American man movieΒ  on a day they might want to do something else.Β