kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jun 17-20, 2024] | Thursday | 19.63M INSIDE OUT II | 2.85M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

So cinemark could handle Barbenheimer but not Inside Out 2 !!!

At both my nearby Regal theaters all IO2 showings are nearly full!

This is like another Saturday! Discount Tuesdays are really popular with the families right now, especially those looking for a bargain.

Edited by Mojoguy

If it weren’t discount Tuesday, I would speculate that IO2 could easily clear $30M today. I checked several theaters in the Los Angeles area and even the late shows are doing brisk business with many of the early prime time shows over 90% capacity. WOM seems to be kicking into overdrive.

Just popping in to say that I just saw IO2 and thought it was fantastic. Well-deserved box office, hope it makes it to 550 and beyond. 

Besides perhaps 1 or 2 of the Toy Story sequels, I would put this as Pixar’s best mega-sequel.

Saw Inside Out 2 two times in one week.

First one was during Philippine Independence Day and the second one was during Father's Day.

It was fantastic movie. This is definitely getting Best Animated Feature at next year's Oscars as well as Golden Globe Award for Cinematic and Box Office Achievement.

Prediction: 550-650 million domestic box office finish

Wild Robot might have something to say about that. Also last year showed the Academy isn't shy about going for a smaller indie flick over a big blockbuster. Quite a few strong contenders from the Annecy/Cannes circuit.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

So nice to have people be excited and be positive about the Box Office. Much better than that what had been going for most of the last 11 months or so.

no we must doompost about movies that would obviously underperform and conclude that half of theaters will be gone by 2026 or some shit

Edited by Skim Beeble

5 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Wild Robot might have something to say about that. Also last year showed the Academy isn't shy about going for a smaller indie flick over a big blockbuster. Quite a few strong contenders from the Annecy/Cannes circuit.

I don't see in a world where The Wild Robot wins Best Animated Feature at the 2025 Oscars. Also, take note that Chris Sanders is a director of How To Train Your Dragon, Lilo & Stitch, and The Croods where he's 0-3 in Best Animated Feature.

Unless Inside Out 2 is nominated in Best Adapted Screenplay, and other technical categories like Best Original Score, Best Visual Effects, etc, IO2 is definitely winning.

Finding Dory was completely snubbed in 2016 despite being the highest grossing movie of the year period and a similar critical reception. All I'm saying is it's not a guarantee.

Edited by AniNate
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Finding Dory was completely snubbed in 2016 despite being the highest grossing movie of the year period and a similar critical reception. All I'm saying is it's not a guarantee.

Brave also won a Best Animated Feature at the Oscar back in 2013 despite having a Rotten Tomatoes score of 79% and 69 in Metacritic.

4 minutes ago, AniNate said:

And? Just proves my point that they're completely unpredictable.

Also, Happy Feet won Best Animated Feature over Cars in 2006 with a rotten tomatoes score of 76 and Metacritic score of 77.

I don't know what you are arguing about. Oscars clearly hate sequels. Also if there is no undeniable front runner, they will namecheck del Toro or Miyazaki.

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Inside Out 2 is way deeper a movie than Dory. I cant see anything come close to winning the Best Animated next year. Its as close to lock as a movie can be. 

This will and should win a Oscar next year. Period.

8 minutes ago, InVy said:

I don't know what you are arguing about. Oscars clearly hate sequels. Also if there is no undeniable front runner, they will namecheck del Toro or Miyazaki.

Inside Out 2 might be the first Pixar non Toy Story sequel to win Best Animated Feature.

Edited by Migs20242