cannastop

Weekday Thread June 24-27. Inside Out 2 $11.2m, Bad Boys $1.6m Thursday

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'm no huge hockey guy, but NHL ratings are WAY up this year from years. I believe I read they're up 50%+ even. And, it was a Game 7. I truly would not just brush off the potential impact that had on IO2's Monday number. We'll have to watch the way the rest of week plays out.

Ratings are up from last season because last season the finals were on TNT whereas this year's it's on ABC. Compared to the last time it was on ABC, it's down like 30%. Now, I do think it's a factor in Canada but considering the game started at 8pm, doubt it was too much of a factor for a family movie.

2 minutes ago, HowSway said:

Ratings are up from last season because last season the finals were on TNT whereas this year's it's on ABC. Compared to the last time it was on ABC, it's down like 30%. Now, I do think it's a factor in Canada but considering the game started at 8pm, doubt it was too much of a factor for a family movie.

The heatwave in the US also cleared up from Sunday, although its expected to pick back up again, so there is the potential for good holds later in the week so long as AQPD1 doesn't have too big of an impact

Not supposed to get that bad in the large populated areas, not to the oppressive extent last week was. Maybe one hot day on Saturday or Sunday but otherwise it's actually looking a little chilly the next week

I guess the south is looking hotter than average but they're pretty much adapted to that on a daily basis anyway

Edited by AniNate

OK Let's not overanalyze these drops. I'm shocked I haven't seen "Crumbling" jokes, lol.   "IO2" and "Bad Boys" both benefited from a Double Holiday last week (Father's Day/Juneteenth).   "Bad Boys" is R-Rated so Summer Weekdays though good will not be the same as a PG13 or PG Family Film.  "IO2" is now coming back down to Earth after doing gangbusters for 10 days.   

4 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Hear, hear. Couldn't agree more.

Hey, a long time ago I decided that fans are  the worst bipolar/manic depressives in the world. With a lot of them either on top of the world or in a state of despair. Nothing in between.

Meanwhile, the guy calling IO2 a flop either does not know what he is talking about or is trolling.

Every studio would be very happy with a string of "flops" like IO2.

Edited by dudalb

14 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

@filmscholar why were the Sunday to Monday drops for bad boys and Bikeriders especially Bikeriders so big though was it because of the game yesterday what time did that start?

I mean NHL does skew Adult and Male which R-rated Audiences do overlap with that.  But I think the NBA Finals hurt "Bad Boys" throughout this run more IMO though it was holding well.  Especially since Black and Latino audiences do watch the NBA in high numbers.    "Bikeriders" started kind of soft so I'm not shocked by the drops already.   Again these are both Adult skewing films and will behave a little differently than a Family films or PG13 films.