kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 28-30, 2024] | Actuals | 57.52M INSIDE OUT II | 52.20M AQP: DAY ONE | 11.05M HORIZON: AAS - CHAPTER 1

1 hour ago, M37 said:

And while there probably was a WOM/“return to form” factor in there, do also believe that effect was driven by capacity limitations, in that it theaters were not prepared for an opening on level of Incredibles 2, and so some demand got rolled forward until it was able to be met, through second weekend.

Yeah I think this is also a contributing factor

Still thinking it can end around 670 by tracking a bit better than TS4 on the same calendar but we’ll see soon how it holds up to DM4 vs 2019 having FFH there

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

To be fair, Disney probably had zero problem giving it up after they saw the reception at the fall festivals and figured it was going nowhere (an assumption that turned out to be correct).

Like I said the movie is the def of eh and the whole time I am watching it would rather just be watching Goodfellas for the 100th time that says something. Too bad the cast is great but it never pops.

Horizon won't hold nearly as bad as The Bikeriders next weekend since it's a long holiday frame, but probably going to struggle to $35M total regardless. Think the only message anyone's going to take away from it (and in fact, already are) is that nobody wants to trek to a movie theater to watch a TV show moonlighting as a big screen attraction.

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

Horizon won't hold nearly as bad as The Bikeriders next weekend since it's a long holiday frame, but probably going to struggle to $35M total regardless. Think the only message anyone's going to take away from it (and in fact, already are) is that nobody wants to trek to a movie theater to watch a TV show moonlighting as a big screen attraction.

Ah right. Forgot its holiday weekend next.

1 hour ago, Eric is Quiet said:

Recommend folks here catch it before it's gone. Great movie. Better than the last couple Mission: Impossibles tbh

Well since Mission is to me what Jurassic is to Brainbug I will refrain from commenting on that until I actually bother to see the movie but my parents saw it and my 79 year old mother loved it.   But saying something is better than Fallout whatever. Okay I will stop. 😃

Bikeriders dropping like a rock on the same weekend the movie he passed on opens to a domestic number which will likely be bigger than the former's entire worldwide haul must be pretty painful for Jeff Nichols. Hopefully he rebounds from this soon.

Paramount and Disney on the other hand must be celebrating right now. The former is seeing a prequel movie with none of the original main characters open to franchise record numbers, while the latter just scored their first billion dollar movie of the decade, and their first one in half a decade too. They could definitely use the money both, coming off of rough financial events.