Grand Cine

Weekdays (08-11th July) Super Tuesday DM4 : 15,1M - IO2 : 5,6M

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@Brainbug it seems like JW will survive to fight another day. These movies can keep trying but they can't surpass the king.

Next year, the movie will turn 10 years old. I will celebrate it by watching it daily in June 2025.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

13 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

It would help weekend some but there are limited no of coupons not sure how many 

Every US TMobile user gets 1 $5 code...so while there are probably 100 million codes, a lot of users will not bother using them b/c they don't go to the movies and don't participate in trades for the codes (yeah, this is a big thing)...but still, a certain quantity, higher than normal coupon redemption rates, will be used.

I will probably be seeing a movie this weekend with my codes...not sure which one yet, but it's finally gonna drag me in this summer for more than just the kids summer series...

Inside out will surpass both barbie and Jurassic World. Once a pixar movie breaks out the late legs are always better then expexted. Also the little braking right now it's because of DM4 first week but after the impact of this movie there aren't new animated movies  for all summer and we still have more almost 2 months of schools closed. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Last Q TMobile reported 99 million post paid customers. But as @TwoMisfits says majority dont use it. The impact we have seen past 2 days have to be the biggest I have seen so far. 

I hope they don't stop doing cinema day because of the existence of discount deal. Curiosity though, who actually fund this discount price?

Even though it looks bad I do think Harold and the Purple Crayon could still impact IO2 legs. Angry Birds 2 was a nothingburger at the box office but TS4 still dropped over 50% against its opening just because it lost so many theaters to it.

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Last Q TMobile reported 99 million post paid customers. But as @TwoMisfits says majority dont use it. The impact we have seen past 2 days have to be the biggest I have seen so far. 

It helps to see the impact more b/c this was usable day 1 - most are for prebuys for the weekend openers, and while we always see backended weekends for those movies (the box office estimates grow and grow, likely b/c of the redemption deal), it's hard to pull out "this is TMobile, this isn't"...

Although the other big effect is that it gets direct advertising for a movie to 100M TMobile users each month...as far as reach for cost, it's probably now one of the best advertising dollar use going for movies...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I hope they don't stop doing cinema day because of the existence of discount deal. Curiosity though, who actually fund this discount price?

Atom probably always kicks in something b/c it's through Atom.

TMobile probably also always kicks in something.

When it's for a singular movie, the studio is always kicking in something.

When it's for all the movies, it may be multiple studios got together to kick funding in.

Etc.

7 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Inside out will surpass both barbie and Jurassic World. Once a pixar movie breaks out the late legs are always better then expexted. Also the little braking right now it's because of DM4 first week but after the impact of this movie there aren't new animated movies  for all summer and we still have more almost 2 months of schools closed. 

Pixar legs are already really good especially when something breaks out. 

4 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Even though it looks bad I do think Harold and the Purple Crayon could still impact IO2 legs. Angry Birds 2 was a nothingburger at the box office but TS4 still dropped over 50% against its opening just because it lost so many theaters to it.

while that’s certainly true, is there any other comp other than Toy Story 4 we can use?

For me :

DM4 :

9,2 (-8%)

12,9 (+40%)

16,1 (+25%)

12,6 (-21%)

Total 2nd Weekend : 41,6M (-44%), Total : 207,8M

IO2 :

5,8 (+45%)

7,3 (+26%)

5,6 (-24%)

Total Weekend : 18,7M (-38%) , Total : 570-571M