kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Actuals | 81.3M TWISTERS | 24.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 12.8M INSIDE OUT II | 12.0M LONGLEGS

Twisters seems destined for around a 55% drop, people will argue over whether that’s good or bad, then it has legs for days from there on out. Longlegs will probably be sub-50, and I guess Inside Out and Despicable Me will still do their thing. Really, anything below the top 4 is what’s really going to suffer imo

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Eric Twister said:

Twisters seems destined for around a 55% drop, people will argue over whether that’s good or bad, then it has legs for days from there on out. Longlegs will probably be sub-50, and I guess Inside Out and Despicable Me will still do their thing. Really, anything below the top 4 is what’s really going to suffer imo

It would definitely be good compared to historical precedents, but wouldn't help silence the "it should've been released weeks ago" platform much. But it doesn't have much to worry about after Deadpool, and I feel like that might actually work to its benefit better than if it got two weeks to itself and then lost a ton of theaters when Deadpool took over. Still gonna keep a lot of its theaters after next week I imagine.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

It's kinda weird that he's not actually that young. He's paid his dues. He'll be 36 very soon here.

It's mostly been amusing how the industry has been trying to spin him as a "new" actor when he's actually been in the industry for most of his life. His acting debut was a small role in Spy Kids 3, which turns 21 this month.

(on a side note: man were this movie's visuals ugly, even for 2003)

7 minutes ago, Eric Twister said:

I would consider 55% very good considering it ahould absolutely stsbilize wuickly after the weekend. I think it'll be between that 50%. But I think it'll be closer to 50% unless the reviews abd wom for Deadpool is just insane out of the gate. Then people on the fence will wanna be a share in moment so they can participate in the immediate discussion. 

While this was a movie meant for everyone, to Universal’s delight, Twisters overperformed with the middle of the country blasting bast their 52-week norm comps. Such overindexing markets for the Mark L. Smith written, Michael Crichton-conceived IP were Dallas, Houston, Oklahoma City (more than 200% over norm), San Antonio, Nashville, Kansas City and St. Louis. The No. 1 theater as we told you was the Regal Warren in Moore, OK (suburb of Oklahoma City).

• Like 1

There’s no way I can see Twisters missing $200 million with this kind of momentum. Should be at $150-160 million by the end of next weekend. 

The question we should be asking if it can go past the original’s domestic gross. 

Edited by wildphantom

38 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Is the expectation that Deadpool vs Wolverine will just pulverize everything next week? Or do you guys think Twisters and Longlegs can hold on to some business? 

The aggregate weekend gross is gonna be close to 150m for this weekend heading to DP3 weekend which is going for 175m+, this is really pushing the market to its bearing capacity. The week before BP2 (181m), Dr Strange (187m) were so dead at way below 100m, creating more space for all movies. This weekend is a lot of healthy compared to those dead weekend, with this, someone would have to suffer.   

Universal made it 3 years in a row of success on this weekend between Nope, Oppenheimer, and now Twisters.

The I Know What You Did Last Summer and Naked Gun revivals are debuting on this frame next year. Not as much potential though both could still do well as counterprogramming since that's the weekend between Superman and Fantastic Four.