kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Actuals | 81.3M TWISTERS | 24.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 12.8M INSIDE OUT II | 12.0M LONGLEGS

Just now, Ryan C said:

Yeah, but even at the worst, it should still do at least $350M worldwide. That's still over two times the reported $155M budget and because the split between domestic and international will be much bigger on the former compared to the latter, Universal will get more money back. 

Regardless, Universal, Warner Bros, and Amblin aren't gonna face any huge financial loss on this film.

For now i’m thinking 250-260M DOM and +150M OS

Very confident about +400M which is a certified hit even if carried by DOM, but if Europe comes strong maybe it can get closer to 500M which is better 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AniNate said:

They started at 2pm here is all I know. Maybe with lower demand in LA they didn't start until later there.

nope.. I’m in LA, they started at 2 out here just like everywhere else. Maybe they just looked at a random theater that didnt have any until 5? but there def was others with 2pm showtimes.. Or this is just another example of me questioning how the hell Anthony at Deadline has kept his job. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CIDMoosa said:

Isn't Daisy Edgar Jones the top billed star of Twisters and also has the more screentime? I barely see her mentioned in the forum.

She does and not only is she fantastic in the film (as well as stunning), but I think this is a massive boost for her as well. She got off to a good start with Where the Crawdads Sing two summers ago, but much like with Powell, I can see this further establishing her as someone people know and like to see on the big screen. 

• Like 3

I went to a 3:00 screening of Twisters that ended up filling about two-thirds of a big auditorium. It was a crowd that arrived mostly right before or at the start time, so I'd guess it was quite walk-up-heavy here. Crowd seemed pretty satisfied on the way out too.

51 minutes ago, CIDMoosa said:

Isn't Daisy Edgar Jones the top billed star of Twisters and also has the more screentime? I barely see her mentioned in the forum.

I hardly see her being mentioned on other parts.

I've understood Daisy Edgar Jones is pretty good in the movie, but Glen Powell character calls more attention.

Edited by Kon

4 minutes ago, Kon said:

I hardly see her being mentioned on other parts.

I've understood Daisy Edgar Jones is pretty good in the movie, but Glen Powell character calls more attention.

He’s arguably also the bigger “star” of the two right now. I’ve not seen the film, but I can see why he’d be more mentioned. He just came off ABY which was a tiktok phenomenon, Hit Man, which is keeping him in the discussion.

Not that this is even remotely on the same scale, but kind of like how in Titanic there was Leo-mania, not Kate-mania even though Winslet was the top-billed lead (and heck, even got an Oscar nomination).

Now I'm just thinking about Titanic lol. What a great film. I wish we could get a box office run like it again someday.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

He’s arguably also the bigger “star” of the two right now. I’ve not seen the film, but I can see why he’d be more mentioned. He just came off ABY which was a tiktok phenomenon, Hit Man, which is keeping him in the discussion.

Not that this is even remotely on the same scale, but kind of like how in Titanic there was Leo-mania, not Kate-mania even though Winslet was the top-billed lead (and heck, even got an Oscar nomination).

Now I'm just thinking about Titanic lol. What a great film. I wish we could get a box office run like it again someday.

Top Gun: Maverick is probably the closest we are ever going to get to that type of run.

• Like 1

Just now, Assassin said:

Same as the original.
CDN media
Also same as San Andreas (2015) which was the last successful disaster movie

I figured it would get an A-, but that's still nothing to be ashamed of. Perfectly solid!

Though it would've been hilarious if this got the A+ that Top Gun: Maverick got. 

14 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

I figured it would get an A-, but that's still nothing to be ashamed of. Perfectly solid!

Though it would've been hilarious if this got the A+ that Top Gun: Maverick got. 

And considering Apes with a B and QP Day One B- still had pretty good legs it's something to celebrate and nothing at to worry about at all.

2 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

And considering Apes with a B and QP Day One B- still had pretty good legs it's something to celebrate and nothing at to worry about at all.

Just a quick correction, A Quiet Place: Day One got a B+ Cinemascore

Sad Twisters is going to miss 80 but 75 is still an outstanding number. Hope Trap and It Ends With Us start to provide some balance in the box office before a deep and healthy fall full of possible hits. I'm optimistic!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

More like 22+.

There was an error in reporting tonight.

So, is 80M still possible despite that reporting error?

TOP END OF JUNE - JULY RELEASES

636.2M BARBIE

326.1M OPPENHEIMER

184.2M SOUND OF FREEDOM

174.5M INDIANA JONES AND THE DIAL OF DESTINY

172.1M MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - DEAD RECKONING

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE

DESPICABLE ME IV

TWISTERS

A QUIET PLACE: DAY ONE

INSIDE OUT II will give July more or less 150M more.

ALIEN: ROMULUS, TRAP, and IT ENDS WITH US doing well in August will help 2024 catch up to 2023 further.

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Sad Twisters is going to miss 80 but 75 is still an outstanding number. Hope Trap and It Ends With Us start to provide some balance in the box office before a deep and healthy fall full of possible hits. I'm optimistic!

Trap, It Ends with Us, and Alien all have potential to provide a decent August overall. It's Labor Day weekend and the frame before it that look like they'll be slow (but par for the course when it comes to the dog days of summer).

• Like 1