kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Actuals | 81.3M TWISTERS | 24.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 12.8M INSIDE OUT II | 12.0M LONGLEGS

28 minutes ago, Taylor89 said:

Is Glen a movie star now?omg. 

Not yet I would argue. All about his next choices. But we're headed here, I would argue.

But still this is a big win for him, Lee Isaac Chung (who is going to book something BIG off this win) and Uni/WBD.

• Like 1

Amazing for Twisters. I was just hoping it would get above $50m and there you go it’s over $80m. Great start and a very entertaining film. 

Excellent for Longlegs. And A Quiet Place Day One is chugging along nicely too. 

• Like 1

It remains impressive how strong this summer has been overall as we come towards the end of July. Furiosa remains the only movie that missed even the lowest of expectations.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

It's kinda weird that he's not actually that young. He's paid his dues. He'll be 36 very soon here.

I would compare him to Harrison Ford in that respect. It's weirdly similar.  Ford had bit parts and supporting roles in stuff like American Graffiti and the Conversation but they were not paying the bills so he had to work as a carpenter to support his family and then A New Hope came out when he was 34 about to turn 35.  Powell has said he in interviews he has been close to homeless at times waiting for the breakout. Now all he needs is his Indiana Jones pure star role and he will never look back.

• Like 1

Not the mouse releasing two movies that will beat barbieheimer After flopping last year  with everything except for guardians and elemental💀💀

5 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

So IO2 won't pass Barbie atp. DM4 did hurt quite a bit. But overall excellent.

Still think it's going to edge out Barbie and finish with 640M~ DOM. Could be close though. Actuals will likely come in just above 13M that's a pretty strong hold from 19.7M last weekend. 

3 minutes ago, Selma said:

Not the mouse releasing two movies that will beat barbieheimer After flopping last year  with everything except for guardians and elemental💀💀

Not sure I'd call Little Mermaid a flop. 570M WW with 300M of it being DOM wasn't what was hoped but wasn't horrible either. 

5 minutes ago, Selma said:

I miss this era

It was sort of weird because that was also around the time the strikes were forced to start and are now why we're in the position we're in.

28 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Not yet I would argue. All about his next choices. But we're headed here, I would argue.

But still this is a big win for him, Lee Isaac Chung (who is going to book something BIG off this win) and Uni/WBD.

So happy for Chung. I remember him  saying that he was about to quit filmmaking before Minari.  

I'm not sure If Glen Powell can be a movie star tho.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Not sure I'd call Little Mermaid a flop. 570M WW with 300M of it being DOM wasn't what was hoped but wasn't horrible either. 

I forgot it got released last year  but still a good result it likley made a small profit

4 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Don't know if this person is reliable, but there you go

Want to see how Australia and Mexico held, but given the initial WW projection was $100m cumulative this week and NA beat expectations by about $20mil plus, I'm assuming that's a pretty meh result. It should be a lock to do over 2x the $155m budget at this point though.

Edited by AniNate

1 minute ago, AniNate said:

Want to see how Australia and Mexico held, but given the initial WW projection was $100m cumulative this week and NA beat expectations by about $20mil plus, I'm assuming that's a pretty meh result. It should be a lock to do over 2x the $155m budget at this point though.

Deadpool is killing it Overseas next weekend, Domestic will need to heavy lift fully. 

• Like 2