kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [07.22 - 07.25, 2024] | Thursday | 6.52M TWISTERS | 3.45M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.95M INSIDE OUT II | 1.33M LONGLEGS

2 hours ago, AniNate said:

Jason Bourne dropped 14% against Suicide Squad previews, Any more than that would be not good.

You’d have to consider 8 years of PLF growth and importance, so it could reasonably be more than that.

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

We had a few discussions about Apple's interest in paying for movies and TV and here's some news about that:

Had a conversation around this and they can’t keep sending out flops and losing a hundred million on them vs “Apple don’t care they’re still hits cause the company is rich”. So here’s a: told you so! :) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

You’d have to consider 8 years of PLF growth and importance, so it could reasonably be more than that.

Had a conversation around this and they can’t keep sending out flops and losing a hundred million on them vs “Apple don’t care they’re still hits cause the company is rich”. So here’s a: told you so! :) 

The point I was making was the shareholders didn't care (which that article also acknowledges). 

I can buy that they want to keep budgets down (especially if that "Apple Tax" perception is true) but I still don't think Apple Films/TV is in any danger of being shut down. 

Edited by AniNate

56 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

That's a nice increase for Twisters after such a strong Monday. Over 100m in 5 days. Should easily clear 240m total. Hopefully it can stretch its late legs to 260-270. 

Congrats IO2 on 600m dom! :ohmygod:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

This is the natural progression of meme films. They must become ever more absurd and meme-y in order to best the prior meme films.

Now I didn't think we'd reach the end of that death spiral before we'd even begun it but...