Eric Prime

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

Just now, Mojoguy said:

So which comic movies will benefit the most from D&W making all the money in the world?

Joker and Venom?

Meanwhile still no one will go see Kraven.

I don't think any will benefit from Deadpool And Wolverine, but some will be successful on their own terms while others will be DOA. 

Joker 2 and Venom: The Last Dance are the most likely to be hits but Kraven the Hunter has a more than 95% chance to be a flop. The only thing that movie will do is continue to make the genre look bad if Madame Web hadn't done that already.

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

So which comic movies will benefit the most from D&W making all the money in the world?

Joker and Venom?

Poor hunter :hahaha:

3 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

I don't think any will benefit from Deadpool And Wolverine, but some will be successful on their own terms while others will be DOA. 

Joker 2 and Venom: The Last Dance are the most likely to be hits but Kraven the Hunter has a more than 95% chance to be a flop. The only thing that movie will do is continue to make the genre look bad if Madame Web hadn't done that already.

I dunno, how much did Kraven cost? Everything around Christmas has good legs, so it could easily top 100 mil domestic. 

At $284.2M, this weekend was the 7th biggest weekend ever at the domestic box office, behind the original Black Panther weekend, and ahead of NWH weekend. It's the second biggest post pandemic, around $26M behind Barbenheimmer.

Doing a quick count, of the top 100 highest overall grossing weekends of all time, only 11 have happened post pandemic.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah. Any new records for IO2 to take next?

Since Lion King (2019) isn't counted in the animation records by the industry, that leaves just Frozen 2 OS (around $975 million) as the remaining animated record to hit. 

29 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Joker and Venom?

I don’t think people see these movies this way, we are 16 years into the MCU, the general audience knows at this point. They are on their own, they live and die by their own hype. Captain America: Brave New World, Thunderbolts and The Fantastic Four: First Steps are the one that benefit from this insane weekend.

Edited by ZattMurdock

24 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I don’t think people see these movies this way, we are 16 years into the MCU, the general audience knows at this point. They are on their own, they live and die by their own hype. Captain America: Brave New World, Thunderbolts and The Fantastic Four: First Steps are the one that benefit from this insane weekend.

I doubt a FOXmen film like D and W will be boosting the Marvel films next year. Guardians 3 did not even help the Marvels

45 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Since Lion King (2019) isn't counted in the animation records by the industry, that leaves just Frozen 2 OS (around $975 million) as the remaining animated record to hit. 

I mean it’s very likely it’ll pass The Lion King anyway. Maybe even surpass Jurassic World WW and most likely domestically.

@Brainbug , sorry, but the dinosaurs reign at the top ten is most likely over. Man I loved dinosaurs as a kid, I’m kind of surprised I didn’t see it in theaters. Guess my mom thought seeing Minions and Inside Out were the better options 

IO2 is gonna be really close to Jurassic World, but I don't know if it will beat it.

It 100% would have beat it if DM4 was not released, it had it's harshest drop that weekend.

10 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

IO2 is gonna be really close to Jurassic World, but I don't know if it will beat it.

It 100% would have beat it if DM4 was not released, it had it's harshest drop that weekend.

And where’s DM4 now? About to be passed in the dailies by Inside out 2.

Not to mention DM4 will certainly be passed in this weekend’s grosses internationally.  

Edited by todos
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

I mean it’s very likely it’ll pass The Lion King anyway. Maybe even surpass Jurassic World WW and most likely domestically.

It wont.

9 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

It wont.

• Knock It Off 1

Just now, todos said:

And where’s DM4 now? About to be passed in the dailies by Inside out 2.

Not to mention DM4 will certainly be passed in this weekend’s grosses internationally.  

I doubt IO2 passes DM4 in dailies. DM4 is still almost double it and they're both kids movies.

11 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I doubt IO2 passes DM4 in dailies. DM4 is still almost double it and they're both kids movies.

The fact is that Despicable Me 4 really isn’t hurting it at this point. It dropped only 33 percent domestically this weekend and held really well internationally despite Deadpool and Wolverine’s massive debut. 

And when Despicable Me did come out it wasn’t as bad as it could have been. It didn’t utterly collapse against it, and in many international markets actually took back the number one spot.