kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [Aug 02 - Aug 04, 2024] | Actuals | 96.81M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 22.80M TWISTERS | 15.45M TRAP

If it does 100 here (which is right around where I have it ballparked) then pretty pessimistically could drop 50% next week and avg 42%s beyond that for 621M and optimistically could go -43 into avg -37 or so would be 687M. Ranges on both of those determined from past MCU summer, multiverse saga A or better CS, and DP1/2

• Like 1
  • Astonished 3

10 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

If it does 100 here (which is right around where I have it ballparked) then pretty pessimistically could drop 50% next week and avg 42%s beyond that for 621M and optimistically could go -43 into avg -37 or so would be 687M. Ranges on both of those determined from past MCU summer, multiverse saga A or better CS, and DP1/2

Let's say I have a virtual gun towards your virtual head, over or under JW DOM ($653M)?

It's a pity there's basically 0 chance that IO2 and DP&W leg it out past 674mil to pass Titanic, you'd see Disney controlling 8/10 spots in the top 10 with 1 of the other 2 still being MCU...... just for the hilarity of that stat

5 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

It's a pity there's basically 0 chance that IO2 and DP&W leg it out past 674mil to pass Titanic, you'd see Disney controlling 8/10 spots in the top 10 with 1 of the other 2 still being MCU...... just for the hilarity of that stat

Current top 10 without cheating (aka not counting stupid re-releases) is

1. Force Awakens - 936

2. Endgame - 858

3. No Way Home - 804

4. Avatar - 749

5. Top Gun Maverick - 718

6. Black Panther - 700

7. Avatar 2 - 684

8. Infinity War - 678

9. Jurassic World - 652

10. Barbie - 636

In a nice timeline IO2 and DPW both do 652+ and top 10 is

1. Force Awakens

2. Endgame

3. No Way Home

4. Avatar

5. Top Gun Maverick

6. Black Panther

7. Avatar 2

8. Infinity War

9. Inside Out 2

10. Deadpool and Wolverine

EVERYTHING, except Top Gun is DISNEY

Half is MCU lmao

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Cope #1: Top 10 first runs

Cope #2: Titanic is Fox is Disney now

;) 

Edited by Cooper Legion

1 minute ago, Cooper Legion said:

Cope #2: Titanic is Fox is Disney now

Not to get technical, but I think this doesn't apply to domestic since it's still entirely owned by Paramount stateside, no? Unless we're including all Disney-involved-in-one-way-or-another movies, of course.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, misterpepp said:

Not to get technical, but I think this doesn't apply to domestic since it's still entirely owned by Paramount stateside, no? Unless we're including all Disney-involved-in-one-way-or-another movies, of course.

Yeah the wink there is since both claims are kind of dubious/messy. My simple understanding of the titanic situation is that it was fox produced and os distributed but paramount DOM distributed, which is enough for me to previously count it as a fox movie and a paramount movie and now as a Disney movie and a paramount movie, when talking about dom. Also some who would argue that even if you do count it as fox it’s kind of a sketchy include as a Disney movie on top 10 since it made enough enough for top 10 before the acquisition 

• Like 1

Thinking on deadpool a bit..... do DP 1&2 get retroactively included in the MCU when it comes to looking at stats? It's not terribly major but they would bring the MCU's total WW gross to a little under 32billion over the course of 36 movies.

Great for DPW

But Im sad as IO2 fan first. IO2 will most probably lose the domestic crown if DPW continues to be this strong. :sweat:

Too much success for Disney lol

7 minutes ago, Migs20242 said:

Reminder: Inside Out 2 did 30.5 million on 2nd Friday.

While that’s true and IO2 is clearly the favorite to take the Domestic crown, I wouldn’t count D&W just yet. IO2 had more competition but has a PG rating on its favor, while D&W has less competition but a R rating against it. It will be fun to follow and it won’t be clear for a while.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

Over

It'd be really funny if JW IO2 and DPW all ended up within 5M of each other, especially if IO2 were to kick JW out of the Top 10 and itself immediately get kicked out by DPW

• Like 1