kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [Aug 02 - Aug 04, 2024] | Actuals | 96.81M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 22.80M TWISTERS | 15.45M TRAP

23 minutes ago, YM! said:

All this talking about dick sucking when no one eats ass anymore.

I eat everything by the way 😁 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Unfitclock said:

Lower opening day than trap despite the fact that the trailer viewership was really high for trap and much better than old I’m really not sure what happened here is it even gonna do 15 million at this rate

I've liked all of M. Night's movies from Split onwards, but that's his last movie that really landed with the GA. I don't think it's a big reason, but the badwill from his last couple movies probably didn't help. The reviews for Trap also aren't all that, so that makes it even worse for fence-sitters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Michael Gary Scott said:

Idk why people are upset Speilberg was right

There's not many times I disagree with spielberg, but this is definitely one of those times.

If Deadpool does reach 100 million this weekend, that'll be less than a 50% drop minus the Thursday night previews. And if it does reach 100 million, it's going way past 600. If it's a penny under like even if it was to make 98.5 million then I won't make an outlandish claim but if it does hit that magical 100 million second weekend mark, 650 and maybe even beyond is something we can start talking about.

• Like 5

No one would've thought anything about the Twisters ending if they didn't know about what was cut. It worked fine and frankly I think what was cut does sound more cringe on paper. They can add it as like a deleted scene bonus though just to throw the ragers a bone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eric is Trapped said:

giphy.webp

Not the sex thread, but whatever a woman wants, whatever it is it makes her feel good, send it over and I'll take care of it. 😈

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Inside Out 2 did 38.8 million on 2nd Saturday, so Deadpool and Wolverine needs to do 38-40 million to have a chance for 100 million 2nd weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, AniNate said:

No one would've thought anything about the Twisters ending if they didn't know about what was cut. It worked fine and frankly I think what was cut does sound more cringe on paper. They can add it as like a deleted scene bonus though just to throw the ragers a bone.

I disagree. When I saw the end of the movie I thought for sure something was going to happen that didn't happen. And in my opinion it just didn't feel right. It wasn't till after the movie that I did a bit of research on it to find out what we now all know about spielberg. I'm really doing my best to keep this spoiler free.

• Like 1

With this weekend looking to be 95+ I think it's a safe bet to say that 600M is locked and loaded, heck with strong summer weekdays I'd argue that The Avengers post-OW gross of 415M is practically the baseline at this point.

$15M honestly seems acceptable for Trap assuming the budget is relatively low like the last few M. Night (though staging an Eras Tour-level concert with hundreds of extras might've driven the budget up). The premise seemed incredibly far-fetched even for a movie like this, the marketing made it appear that it gave away the big third act twist (leaving little room for suspense), and they didn't even bother to screen it for critics, so it didn't have any positive momentum heading into release. Landing in the Knock at the Cabin/Old range seems like a minor win for it tbh.