AniNate

08/09 WEEKEND: DP&W 53.8, IEWU 50, Borderlands 8.6 ​💣💣💣

3rd weekend box office comparison between Deadpool & Wolverine and Jurassic World

DPW - $53,774,969 (overall: $493,931,351)

Jurassic World - $54,532,615 (overall: $500,373,390)

DPW is just $6,442,039 behind Jurassic World. 

6 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Too much talking about th state of commercial literature in a place where the main topic is stuff like Deadpool and Wolverine and despicable 39 and another Batman movie. This should be High culture? 😅

I guess comic books do count as commercial literature

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Migs20242 said:

DPW is just $6,442,039 behind Jurassic World. 

It's been hovering in the 5-7 range behind it for a bit now. I'm waiting on some significant movement in one direction or another. Maybe that'll start during this week's weekdays with school starting up, or maybe that never happens lol. It's still a near perfect comp to look at for pace to see if it can make it to 650 or not. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, wattage said:

It's been hovering in the 5-7 range behind it for a bit now. I'm waiting on some significant movement in one direction or another. Maybe that'll start during this week's weekdays with school starting up, or maybe that never happens lol. It's still a near perfect comp to look at for pace to see if it can make it to 650 or not. 

If DPW doesn't do $653.4M then Jurassic World could stay in the non-rerelease domestic top 10 until May 2026 

Edited by HummingLemon496

6 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

I guess comic books do count as commercial literature

exactly so why the discussion about the state of literature comes only when something for women explodes? 😂

• Like 1