CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

@007
The title track for #SPECTRE, 'Writing's On The Wall', has been recorded by @samsmithworld 

‏@samsmithworld
This is one of the highlights of my career. I am honoured to finally announce that I will be singing the next Bond theme song.
I am so excited to be a part of this iconic British legacy and join an incredible line up of some of my biggest musical inspirations.
You can pre-order 'Writing’s On The Wall' on CD or vinyl here http://po.st/5DWzQk , or on iTunes from midnight. 
I hope you all enjoy the song as much as I enjoyed making it.

9SxpITB.jpg
Edited by Black Hawk

Commenting on the announcement, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, the producers of SPECTRE, said, “Sam and Jimmy have written the most inspirational song for Spectre and with Sam’s extraordinary vocal performance, ‘Writing’s On The Wall’ will surely be considered one of the greatest Bond songs of all time.”

Damn i was hoping for Pitbull

:lol:  Bond has been a global phenomenon for decades...the original "Mr. Worldwide"? Too bad they've already used Miami with a Craig film, if it was Pitbull for a movie where the action took place there, him yelling out "305" constantly would be in context for once. The Bond traditionalists would lose their minds if the song ever had rap in it. It's really the last frontier for title themes...

Commenting on the announcement, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, the producers of SPECTRE, said, “Sam and Jimmy have written the most inspirational song for Spectre and with Sam’s extraordinary vocal performance, ‘Writing’s On The Wall’ will surely be considered one of the greatest Bond songs of all time.”

I know Bond is all about hype, but this seems like a good way to set up unrealistic expectations. Of course, the crowd unhappy it's Sam Smith won't be expecting very much from it in the first place...

• Like 1

I know Bond is all about hype, but this seems like a good way to set up unrealistic expectations. Of course, the crowd unhappy it's Sam Smith won't be expecting very much from it in the first place...

This Bond is the best Bond film of them all!!  This Bond girl isn't like all the other Bond girls, she's not only an actual character she's Bond's equal!  This new Bond actor is the best Bond since Connery!  This is the best Bond song since Bond songs were belted by Bassey!

It's just typical Bond hype.  

It also helps they now release the films in the UK first because all the UK press hops the hype train [like a patriotic duty] and gets it at full speed before it hits America and the rest of the world.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 4

This Bond is the best Bond film of them all!! This Bond girl isn't like all the other Bond girls, she's not only an actual character she's Bond's equal! This new Bond actor is the best Bond since Connery! This is the best Bond song since Bond songs were belted by Bassey!

It's just typical Bond hype.

It also helps they now release the films in the UK first because all the UK press hops the hype train [like a patriotic duty] and gets it at full speed before it hits America and the rest of the world.

We'll start seeing sell outs here within the next few days probably.
  • Like 1

This Bond is the best Bond film of them all!!  This Bond girl isn't like all the other Bond girls, she's not only an actual character she's Bond's equal!  This new Bond actor is the best Bond since Connery!  This is the best Bond song since Bond songs were belted by Bassey!

Lol, this rings very true. But it seems to work, and is part of the reason Bond will outlive our grandchildren.

• Like 1

DAYUM.

To add to that - that listing MAY be a mistake - their phone booking team say it was never and still isn't listed, their Twitter team said they're looking into this. Because by comparison the 11:30pm isn't even half sold out.

If the 8pm does become available, I'm refunding/selling off my OLS ticket, fingers crossed!!!!

To add to that - that listing MAY be a mistake - their phone booking team say it was never and still isn't listed, their Twitter team said they're looking into this. Because by comparison the 11:30pm isn't even half sold out.

If the 8pm does become available, I'm refunding/selling off my OLS ticket, fingers crossed!!!!

Have you seen the difference in IMAX prices in London! Empire is £18 whereas BFI has shot up to £22! I'm starting to reconsider seeing Star Wars there!

Have you seen the difference in IMAX prices in London! Empire is £18 whereas BFI has shot up to £22! I'm starting to reconsider seeing Star Wars there!

I know - hell, my OLS SPECTRE ticket cost £2 more than a ticket at the Empire would! Science Museum on the other hand was something like £15 for Interstellar...

So basically if BFI aren't showing Star Wars in 70mm, just go to either the Empire or the Science Museum :D

Also interesting note off Empire's site - seems like 26th to the 30th will be considered "previews"...

COZHSxvWEAAwbg4.jpg

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 1

I know - hell, my OLS SPECTRE ticket cost £2 more than a ticket at the Empire would! Science Museum on the other hand was something like £15 for Interstellar...

So basically if BFI aren't showing Star Wars in 70mm, just go to either the Empire or the Science Museum :D

Also interesting note off Empire's site - seems like 26th to the 30th will be considered "previews"...

COZHSxvWEAAwbg4.jpg

My OLS booking came to 67.50 for 3 tickets. Damn the allure of the royal circle!
  • Like 1