CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

So that theme song thing never panned out - oh well.

New videoblog on the Bond girls & new stills going up 8am BST tomorrow:

At 8:00 UK time tomorrow, Thursday, August 13, the latest vlog from the set of SPECTRE will be released on http://www.007.com. Featuring Léa Seydoux and Monica Bellucci, as well as director Sam Mendes, the footage gives viewers a glimpse of the roles the actresses play in SPECTRE.

Sam Mendes said, “In SPECTRE, the two women who Bond hooks up with, both have great mystery, they both have depths and for that you need fantastic actresses.”

Regarding her character, Léa Seydoux shared some interesting information about her role: “She’s a doctor, she’s intelligent and very sensitive…”

It seems Seydoux’s role is wrote the opposite of that played by Monica Bellucci who gave a clue about her character: “She’s an Italian widow with secrets.”

Alongside the release of the new vlog, new exclusive images from SPECTRE will also be released.

http://www.filmandtvnow.com/new-spectre-vlog-release-announced-featuring-lea-seydoux-monica-bellucci-sam-mendes/

Fuck, bet that means I won't be able to see it in Leicester Square on opening night then :(

You will - premiere will be at Royal Albert Hall:

http://www.odeon.co.uk/film/2015/spectre/

First time I've seen UK cinemas make a massive/special deal out of opening night....this is gonna be very interesting. Question is - Odeon Leicester Square or BFI IMAX? :P

You will - premiere will be at Royal Albert Hall:

http://www.odeon.co.uk/film/2015/spectre/

First time I've seen UK cinemas make a massive/special deal out of opening night....this is gonna be very interesting. Question is - Odeon Leicester Square or BFI IMAX? :P

Thank the Lord! Got to be Leicester Square Odeon, when else can you nigh on guarantee a 1700 seater sell out?

Thank the Lord! Got to be Leicester Square Odeon, when else can you nigh on guarantee a 1700 seater sell out?

Hah, on the other hand the film is specially formatted for IMAX (select scenes intended originally for IMAX cameras were shot with spherical lenses & the Arri 65), biggest screen in the country, an even bigger likelihood of a sellout within minutes....

• Like 1

Hah, on the other hand the film is specially formatted for IMAX (select scenes intended originally for IMAX cameras were shot with spherical lenses & the Arri 65), biggest screen in the country, an even bigger likelihood of a sellout within minutes....

But it's the size of the audience, and whether or not it's being shown in IMAX that sways me. If it were being shown in 70mm/15pf at the BFI, that would make a more difficult choice, but if it's IMAX Digital, it's not a contest. If an IMAX film is digital, the cineworld in Crawley is a much better experience IMO.
  • Like 1

But it's the size of the audience, and whether or not it's being shown in IMAX that sways me. If it were being shown in 70mm/15pf at the BFI, that would make a more difficult choice, but if it's IMAX Digital, it's not a contest. If an IMAX film is digital, the cineworld in Crawley is a much better experience IMO.

I do somewhat agree - shame the Empire Leicester Sq IMAX won't be showing it as they're the best venue for digital IMAX. Had SPECTRE not been specially filmed for IMAX I would def go Leicester Sq.

I hope I don't miss out on anything experience wise (whatever stuff Odeon will have planned for opening night) by going BFI IMAX lol.

Edited by antovolk

I do somewhat agree - shame the Empire Leicester Sq IMAX won't be showing it as they're the best venue for digital IMAX. Had SPECTRE not been specially filmed for IMAX I would def go Leicester Sq.

I hope I don't miss out on anything experience wise (whatever stuff Odeon will have planned for opening night) by going BFI IMAX lol.

I haven't tried the Leicester Square imax, but wouldn't the image quality degrade due to the screen size, similar to BFI IMAX? And I could imagine something happening at the BFI, mainly because it's pretty much an odeon now.

BFI IMAX is part of Odeon now anyway.

So essentially, this is getting a 7 day opening in the UK? Gonna be so humongous, as it's also half term. Not ruling out £40m+ first week

I think that sounds about right. Skyfall managed £34m for its first week if I remember correctly (it was at £50m after the second weekend) and this is smack bang in half term. That Monday night could be the first time my locals only show a single film.

I haven't tried the Leicester Square imax, but wouldn't the image quality degrade due to the screen size, similar to BFI IMAX? And I could imagine something happening at the BFI, mainly because it's pretty much an odeon now.

I see what you mean, in a sense kinda, given they're almost the same width. The screen isn't as tall due to the 1.9:1 aspect ratio though, which IMO is a better fit for non-IMAX filmed or IMAX formatted (presented in scope or 1.9:1 respectively) films anyway, and I really like the seating layout, which is much closer to the layouts of 70mm screens. Despite being digital and of the 1.9:1 AR, this actually feels like an IMAX.

Yeah, I know the BFI is Odeon now so I hope they do something there. They're just pushing LSQ as the preferred London venue so, I have my concerns...

Yeah, was announced a long time ago that it opens Monday. Makes sense as it decreases the weekend load on cinemas, and they can use all that half term money (26th is first day of holidays)

Seeing an 8pm release is interesting though, I actually had thought the previews would be on Sunday with the film releasing Monday morning. I wonder if this will spark the American trend of evening previews the day before release.