CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

Unrelated but how's your movie coming along?

Its coming along pretty good. Got 4 days left to shoot (Shot 11). I started cutting a couple scenes  but theres no music or sound design yet. I've got little help but everyday we just try our hardest to get done what we have to get done. Lots of problem solving and compromise. Its been a good film school for me. I'm just praying its watchable, like please please just let it be a C movie hahah, making a feature of course is something completely new to me so to be honest its kinda hard for me to tell how its gonna turn out at this point hahah 

Thanks for asking! 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 2

Its coming along pretty good. Got 4 days left to shoot (Shot 11). I started cutting a couple scenes but theres no music or sound design yet. I've got little help but everyday we just try our hardest to get done what we have to get done. Lots of problem solving and compromise. Its been a good film school for me. I'm just praying its watchable, like please please just let it be a C movie hahah, making a feature of course is something completely new to me so to be honest its kinda hard for me to tell how its gonna turn out at this point hahah

Thanks for asking!

Well I have got an idea for a movie with a bit of financing if you want to graduate from C to a B movie...

Though, after the misogynistic Skyfall --- with Bond getting his rocks off with a desperate scared former child sex slave ending with him impotently watching her executed just to save his own ass seconds later to triumphant Bond music, to the female head of Mi6 being killed off because of Bond's incompetence to be replaced by a male M with failed field agent Monyepenny now relegated to his secretary as Bond is rewarded for getting his boss killed - all wrapped up in everything is as it should be again in the Old Boys club coda --- anything might be an improvement.

"misogyny" doesn't mean anything anymore, does it?

Thank god people behind the camera don't think like you.

Its coming along pretty good. Got 4 days left to shoot (Shot 11). I started cutting a couple scenes but theres no music or sound design yet. I've got little help but everyday we just try our hardest to get done what we have to get done. Lots of problem solving and compromise. Its been a good film school for me. I'm just praying its watchable, like please please just let it be a C movie hahah, making a feature of course is something completely new to me so to be honest its kinda hard for me to tell how its gonna turn out at this point hahah

Thanks for asking!

man, you're living the dream...

Let us know when the movie is commercially released for us plebs

"misogyny" doesn't mean anything anymore, does it?

Thank god people behind the camera don't think like you.

Misogyny - dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women. 

Skyfall fits it perfectly. The entire movie is contemptuous and devaluing of women ending with two dead through the incompetence of Bond which is never pointed out or treated as incompetence and the other being deemed too incompetent for field work even though she did her job because she's not supposedly emotionally cut out for it like Bond.  The all is well now ending is risible.

But yeah lets praise the people responsible, the main one being sadly the woman who owns and produces the Bond films and yet had the delusional gall to say Skyfall was less sexist than all those old Bond movies when only TMWTGG nears it's overall contempt for women.

• Like 2

You could argue Servine's death was handled callously in (and I'd probably agree to a point, although I think the moment's better handled than people give it credit for), but Dench's M has consistently been one of the most three dimensional supporting characters of the Craig era, up to and including Skyfall.

And at the risk of getting into a #WhatAboutDaMenz argument, why are we fine ignoring the literally countless number of often faceless men killed in these films? Does violence against them not count?

• Like 1

You could argue Servine's death was handled callously in (and I'd probably agree to a point, although I think the moment's better handled than people give it credit for), but Dench's M has consistently been one of the most three dimensional supporting characters of the Craig era, up to and including Skyfall.

And at the risk of getting into a #WhatAboutDaMenz argument, why are we fine ignoring the literally countless number of often faceless men killed in these films? Does violence against them not count?

Violence against men (Mathis' death and his treatment in QOS was a disgrace) counts but this movie had three notable female roles and they were all handled badly.

Everything about Severine was handled callously, her death was simply the last straw. I've loved Dench's M but the entire storyline and her ending in Skyfall SUCKED, especially viewed in perspective of the ooh we've returned to how M and Bond should be ending.   Skyfall doesn't get points for her work and characterization in the other 6 movies.   Just as Moneypenny is a good character who've I've enjoyed in almost every Bond film but how they got her behind the desk in Skyfall  SUCKED because it was completely insulting.

• Like 1

Has anyone pointed out that one of the Bond Girls is 51? We got some age appropriateness going on. Something that MI and any other action series would never do. I can hardly see Tom Cruise acting opposite a woman more than a few inches taller than him let alone someone who is his age.

I also must point out that I found it funny that some thought the female from MI 5 had a "developed" personaility/character.

"I'm Bad, No I'm Good! No wait, I'm Bad! No....I'm Good.....What am I again?" ;-)

Just poking some fun.

I think it is also important to say the misogyny is part of the Bond character, not saying it is right vs wrong, but that is who he is. He isn't there to be liked. It is also important to state the most Bond Girls are victims of abuse by the hands of men who really are trying to escape from their situations. It's tragic, but it is the archtype. On the situations where they've tried to "MI" the Bond Girl, (Spies, Scientists etc) it has been met with ridicule by critics & fans. I think it is fairly simple minded to think strength and independence can only be accomplished by holding a gun and being able to karate chop someone. Strength and independence can be portrayed a little more subtle than that, but not everyone has the ability to percive it.

• Like 2

Almost every review points out Belluci is 51 as if she's some kind of freak show and then point how she's "older" than Bond (by a whole 4 years) even though she looks younger and infinitely better.  Meanwhile not a peep about how Craig is 17 years older than Lea.  And guess which one has 10 minutes of screen time and which one is the main Bond women. :rolleyes:

As for the to other part - tosh.

• Like 1