CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

So that new trailer....

1. It's fully ready since Monday.

2. I'm being told Sony are in a really awkward position as in they have no clue with which movie to place it - I figure it's between Rogue Nation (a safer choice audience reach wise and BO success wise but similar demographics so not that much new, exactly same time as Skyfall's trailer which given the teaser which came a whole 2 months earlier than Skyfall's, seems a bit odd to wait this long, they'd probably want it out earlier), also Hunger Games which had a teaser 2 months later than Spectre are dropping with RN) or Ant-Man (better timing wise but riskier because unsure of its success and reach).

Wut do? :S

Why? Seems like the franchise globally has continued to gain momentum.

Skyfall benefited mainly of Olympic Games, Adele sountrack, 50-year anniversary, but still Spectre could do billion dollars.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/spectre-used-arri-s-new-807076

The Alexa 65 — a large-format, 6K resolution version of ARRI’s popular Alexa camera, available through Arri Rental — was used on portions of Sam Mendes’ upcoming James Bond film, Spectre, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Spectre, which recently wrapped production in London, was photographed by cinematographer Hoyte van Hotema, who earned BAFTA nominations for his work on Interstellar and Tinker, Tailer, Soldier, Spy. Van Hoytema is using 35mm film as well as digital for the production.

Many cinematographers are in line to get their hands on one of a still-limited number of the new Alexa 65 cameras, which really dazzled when unwrapped last fall using test footage lensed by cinematographer Greig Fraser, who’s using it on parts of Star Wars: Rogue One (the production is also using film).

At this still early stage, the Alexa 65 has already been tapped for portions of additional films including Mission: Impossible-Rogue Nation and The Revenant, and possibly the entirety of The Great Wall. As part of a partnership with Imax, Arri is also co-developing a version of the Alexa 65 for Imax production.

Ooooh....seems that's what they're using instead of the originally planned 70mm IMAX cameras after all...better than just filming spherical on normal 35mm.

Source?

Been hearing things. Either way it has been classified and I think it's been confirmed it's not in theatres with Ant-Man, so could be tomorrow, could be early next week as from what I heard they're sending this with Pixels. It's been ready since the start of the month, the international dubs and translations were done eariler this week and it has been classified by BBFC last week. I just don't see them waiting till Rogue Nation to drop this especially as Hunger Games are dropping theirs there and Sony tend to prefer to have some space for Bond.

Also there was meant to be a videoblog on the Bond girls yesterday

Edited by antovolk