Krissykins

Weekend Thread August 23rd-25th

13 minutes ago, Jerri Blank-Diggler said:

Borderlands lost 1,978 theaters this weekend. The moment theaters were allowed in the contacts to drop it in week 3, most of them did. lol

Edited by Mojoguy

2 minutes ago, Migs20242 said:

So it IS locked to pass Avengers insane that Disney got 2 600m+ dom this year it is their first since 2018

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

I never understood the apparent appeal of The Crow. I think I enjoyed the original movie but I remember absolutely nothing about it. But the way some obsessive fans talk about it, you think the original movie was made by the hand of god. This opening, while I don't wish bad things on any movie studio, is it deserving failure for lionsgate. Were they really listening to a small Fringe of people who seem to love the original film?

uh, I’m pretty sure people who love the original film hated the idea of a remake and did not come out to watch this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

next week is Labor Day weekend. Wonder how much it will jump

Disney will expand it and I think 3m+ over 4 day will happen. Should cross 650m by labor day and cross the dino movie within couple of weeks post that.  

#AlienRomulus dropped from 1st to 2nd place in its 2nd wknd with $16.2M. New #Alien pic is doing what most Hollywood action pics don't do anymore - similar #boxoffice grosses in North America & China! Update: $72.6M US/Canada $73.3M China $79.5M Rest of World $225.4M TOTAL

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

uh, I’m pretty sure people who love the original film hated the idea of a remake and did not come out to watch this.

Hmmmm thanks

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Lz3NPJ.jpg

Thank you very much.

Friday 4.5M

Saturday 6.8M

So, it's predicted 4.9M for Sunday. That seems a little too high.