Krissykins

Weekend Thread August 23rd-25th

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Talking about expansions:

Inside Out 2 is playing once tomorrow at my local. From Friday it’s playing eighteen times a day because of national cinema day. So it’s expansion is 18x here. 

What I don't get is why would increasing showtimes suddenly make people want to see it after 3 months? 

I hope it gets boosted to push it above JW because the latter had a 6-7m boost that will erase all of the margin between the two.

And then it comes out on Disney+ and will probably tank.

I hope my Cinemark puts Inside Out in the nicer auditoriums because the one it's currently in sucks and Regal doesn't even have it anymore 😅 that's part of the reason I haven't gone to rewatch it recently. 

2 hours ago, Cooper Legion said:

CBM weeks at #1: 

NWH 6

DPW 5 (nearly assured with next wknd)

BP 5

BP2 5

SC 4

gotg 4

TDK 4

What the FUCK is SC? God I hate when yall use these acronyms. 

• Like 2

The Lion King live action film, the last "normal" times noncovid impacted late July release that crossed $1B, only dropped 14% on Labor Day WE.

Would mean Deadpool getting $15.7M if dropping same percentage, hitting $600M DOM this weekend!

He really is Marvel Jesus.

Edited by Mojoguy

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

The Lion King live action film, the last "normal" times noncovid impacted late July release that crossed $1B, only dropped 14% on Labor Day WE.

Would mean Deadpool getting $15.7M if dropping same percentage, hitting $600M DOM this weekend!

He really is Marvel Jesus.

You made me realize the benefit of not having NCD during this year is we can see the Labor Day boost in normal conditions now for the first time in years. Without either the holiday weekend or the weekend before having inflated grosses due to the day.