miketheavenger

Which animated film will beat Inside Out 2?

So, after Inside Out 2's remarkable run breaking all the box office records for animated films, do you think those records will be beaten again within the next few years?

Currently, there are IMO only five candidates that could realistically even come close:

- Moana 2

- Zootopia 2

- Super Mario Bros. 2

- Shrek 5

- Frozen 3

Which one of those do you think has the best chance, if any (assuming they are all well received, of course)?

I think domestically Shrek 5 has the best shot, WW it might be Mario 2.

Edit: I know this is probably way too early to predict considering we don't even know IO2's final totals yet, but I'm just curious what you guys think right now.

Edited by miketheavenger

I definitely think it's mainly Shrek 5 or Zootopia 2. Moana is going to do great but I don't know if it's going to do $600m dom.

Shrek 5, well everyone says Shrek 5 could beat Inside Out 2, so why should I object.

Zootopia 2 is in a similar posiiton as Inside Out 2, same movie that made $340m dom or more for the first one.

Super Mario Bros 2... I guess? Don't know how the sequel bump will be. I think it might decline a little bit.

Frozen 3/4: If Frozen 2 couldn't do it...

• Like 1

Shrek 5 or incredibles 3 domestically 

Frozen 4 for international 

Inside out 2 IS one of few movies that will get 1 billion overseas and 650m dom so it will be hard but i think shrek 5 might do it it is huge everywhere 

In the US, I think it's between Shrek and Incredibles, leaning on Incredibles 3 personally to set all the records in America.

Globally? The only franchise to get this high outside North America is Frozen, but maybe Shrek can see a type of $600M+ Dom, $1B+ OS run? But that's a very optimistic scenario at this very moment.

Outside of Asia was Frozen massive will it do gangbusters in Europe and latam ? And beat endgame in latam just like inside out 2 ? Assuming reception IS good obviously 

I'm sure Incredibles 3 is 100% happening, but has it been officially announced yet or has a release date?

Inside Out 3 is also most likely happening and is definitely a strong possibility. In my first post, I just went with films that have been officially announced.

Why is everybody saying Frozen 4 if the third one hasn't even come out yet?

40 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

I'm sure Incredibles 3 is 100% happening, but has it been officially announced yet or has a release date?

Inside Out 3 is also most likely happening and is definitely a strong possibility. In my first post, I just went with films that have been officially announced.

They did announce Incredibles during D23, safe to expect it for 2027 or 2028.

2 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

They did announce Incredibles during D23, safe to expect it for 2027 or 2028.

Brad Bird IS known for quick turnarounds. He was at Skydance though, dunno how long he's been actively developing Incredibles 3.

2 hours ago, miketheavenger said:

Its been announced Frozen 3-4 are a two parter.

37 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

From projections of an $80-85M OW to the highest grossing animated movie of all time. What a wild run.

Also one of few movies that will get 650m dom and 1b os Amazing run