kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [September 09 - 12, 2024] | Thursday | 4.86M BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE

This is probably unlikely, but I would love to see this hit $200M domestically by the end of this weekend. 

If it hits $138M by the end of Thursday, then it would need to do about $62M (a 44% drop from last weekend) to hit that milestone. That's probably too much to ask for a film that'll probably fall somewhere between 50-55% in weekend two, but I hope it can surprise. 

Just now, Bob Train said:

Toy Story 4 made $32k on this day in 2019. It added another $2.15m after that. That would put IO2 at $654.1m

hmm ok, I was basing my analysis on how Elemental did on its 88th day, which was $17k and It made $250,000 after that. But that was on DIsney Plus on September 13th...

Day 46 domestic box office comparison between Deadpool and Wolverine and Inside Out 2.

DPW - $580,121 (Overall: $614,422,810)

IO2  - $1,478,859 (Overall: $615,203,041)

IO2 is now ahead of DPW. Unfortunately, DPW will fall short of beating Inside Out 2 for 2024 domestic box office crown.

7 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Toy Story 4 made $32k on this day in 2019. It added another $2.15m after that. That would put IO2 at $654.1m

If Transformers and Wild Robot weren't coming out soon then I'd also agree that it would be on track but Toy Story didn't have any major family films opening to take away even more screens until the last week of September and it was Abominable which flopped. A lot more room to keep it around to just continue to make a little bit of money. If Inside Out 2 can hang on to as many theaters as that did even with those two films then it can definitely make it. All depends on theater allocations from here on. 

7 hours ago, cannastop said:

hmm ok, I was basing my analysis on how Elemental did on its 88th day, which was $17k and It made $250,000 after that. But that was on DIsney Plus on September 13th...

Still hoping Inside Out gets a Wish/Dial of Destiny length of time off of D+. 4.5-5 months after theatrical would put it on D+ right around Moana's release date and let it crawl along and make a bit of money through the weeks. 

9 hours ago, Migs20242 said:

Day 46 domestic box office comparison between Deadpool and Wolverine and Inside Out 2.

DPW - $580,121 (Overall: $614,422,810)

IO2  - $1,478,859 (Overall: $615,203,041)

IO2 is now ahead of DPW. Unfortunately, DPW will fall short of beating Inside Out 2 for 2024 domestic box office crown.

Denzel Washington Reaction GIF

I bought Inside Out 2 on 4K yesterday. Disney didn’t even send copies of it to stores, only the Blu-ray version. Sigh. 

Physical media is Rose telling her Titanic story and about to throw that necklace into the ocean.

Edited by Chaz
  • Sad 1