BoxOfficeFangrl

Weekday Thread | October 7-10

7 minutes ago, wattage said:

Weather farther south is mostly the same. A bit windy, a bit of rain, a couple tornados popped up by the glades. Not much else going on. You guys are just on tropical storm warning too? 

Yeah, just a tropical storm warning. By tomorrow afternoon it'll just be a nice breeze for the rest of the day.

18 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Yeah, just a tropical storm warning. By tomorrow afternoon it'll just be a nice breeze for the rest of the day.

Nice, stay safe up there anyway! Tornados might springing up here and there. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CheeseWizard said:

This seems positive I think? It’s both a better daily increase and a better weekly hold than Superpets, TMNT or The Bad Guys

It's solid, not a spectacular Tuesday jump but it's still good and it's week to week it's a really good hold and a sign that it should be able to coast along until end of November. Piece by Piece shouldn't do too much damage so it'll be good to go. 

Edited by wattage

9 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It needed these holds during its second week. Now, after it tanked 64%, it's sadly too late.

It can still make it a decent amount past 60 if it continues to hold well. Not like it's collapsing to the point of being dropped at least. 

47 minutes ago, wattage said:

It can still make it a decent amount past 60 if it continues to hold well. Not like it's collapsing to the point of being dropped at least. 

Is your lifeforce tied to the success of this movie, or something? ;) It'll probably be at about 53mil after this weekend (giving it a generous 3.5mil weekend), so even developing some solid legs at this point would yield a result in the low 60s. It's going to be losing locations as well, though, as its ~$1700 PTA from last weekend doesn't seem like anything that would inspire theaters to keep it around much longer, so I wouldn't count on a second wind.

In summary, it has already failed.

let it go skydive GIF by Red Bull

Edited by Mandatory

5 minutes ago, Mandatory said:

Is your lifeforce tied to the success of this movie, or something? ;) It'll probably be at about 53mil after this weekend (giving it a generous 3.5mil weekend), so even developing some solid legs at this point would yield a result in the low 60s. It's going to be losing locations as well, though, as its ~$1700 PTA from last weekend doesn't seem like anything that would inspire theaters to keep it around much longer, so I wouldn't count on a second wind.

I don't know why you're being snarky about this when they were just stating optimistic projections. If it's at $53m this weekend, it'd be at 55% the pace of Cloudy which would essentially project to a $70mil finish. Certainly not out of the realm of possibility that it can benefit a bit from a long lack of family competition now.

Yeah it's still got a tall order to not be a flop, but it does still have a bunch of territories to go and so far isn't entirely embarrassing itself overseas, so who knows.

Some people are so sensitive at the slightest bit of snark. What's the big deal? I didn't rant and rave, or curse at anyone, or say anything more severe than a light-hearted jest about someone's hyper-focus on the minutia of Transformers One's daily box office performance.

9 hours ago, Eric the Clown said:

Hey, that’s not very nice. And kind of homophobic too! Any and all users are welcome here, and saying somebody shouldn’t be here because they stan a pop star instead of a movie franchise is really mean. Plus, while Stan culture is far from perfect and can be toxic too, I’ll take that over yall straights bragging about how your corporate franchise is better than the other guys’ corporate franchise.

Please treat your fellow BOT members with respect, or you will see a thread ban.

You're so real, hubby.

Catch it, hets!

18 minutes ago, Mandatory said:

Very odd and corny response to me in a casual conversation about the state of a film that I haven't talked about in weeks. Maybe you're confusing this with the Wild Robot. Regardless, it was wildly unnecessary. 

Edited by wattage

4 minutes ago, Mandatory said:

Some people are so sensitive at the slightest bit of snark. What's the big deal? I didn't rant and rave, or curse at anyone, or say anything more severe than a light-hearted jest about someone's hyper-focus on the minutia of Transformers One's daily box office performance.

It's the weekday thread on a box office forum. It's what we do here.