filmpalace

Weekend Thread | October 11 - 13

37 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Unlikely it's the biggest bomb ever, but Joker 2 is arguably shaping up to be the biggest sequel fail ever. Never seen anything like it tbh.

Going by boxofficemojo

Captain Marvel -> The Marvels - dollar drop: 925 .2M & % drop: 81.7%

Joker 2 would have to miss 196.3M WW to have the biggest percentage drop and would have to miss 153.6M WW to have the biggest dollar drop.

Just now, AniNate said:

TWR had a better third weekend hold than Elemental and still not that far off from Elemental's pace. Think $150mil is still possible. 

Elemental was at  $89,607,297 at the end of it's 3rd w/e vs $83.73.  It's next two w/e drops were 17% & 9%  and it had summer days

• Like 1

Saturday Night has a reported budget of $25-30M. I imagine that answers the question as to why it wasn't made at NBC/Comcast-owned Universal (that price tag probably being more than what they were willing to pay for it).

Edited by filmlover

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Elemental was at  $89,607,297 at the end of it's 3rd w/e vs $83.73.  It's next two w/e drops were 17% & 9%  and it had summer days

It's had summer weekdays its whole run but Wild Robot has managed to keep pace. TWR should get a boost from the holiday tomorrow and ought to be able to at least match Elemental's weekly hold as well. Nothing else coming out for awhile so I can see its weekly holds being similarly miniscule.

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Saturday Night and Piece By Piece opening like the recent Lionsgate films. 

I think Piece by Piece's opening is at least a little admirable considering "documentary puff piece but animated with LEGOs" is such a confounding sell. Out-opening a movie about the most popular sketch comedy show of all time is pretty wild. 

• Like 1