Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

This movie wouldn't have made as much with RDJ in it, but lets not kid ourselves. The cast for The Avengers wipes the floor with the cast of Iron Man 2. Thor seemed like a big time draw as well.

Not yet. The 11 sold out last night, so I'd expect it to tonight. The 12 was about 50% full.

12:00 is pretty late. You wouldn't get out of there until after 2:30 am. Yikes.

"Lots of people pulling u-turns because The Avengers is sold out at the drive-in. DUH."

Abraham Garcia ‏ @Abrahamiscool

The fucking avengers was sold out at the drive in... now we have a shit load pizza and drinks with nothing too do.

LMAO

Chris Reed ‏ @CDReed

Would you believe me of I told you the drive-in was sold out for #avengers? Plan C: Try to see it at Texas Station across the street.

I haven't been to a drive in in years.

Edited by ECSTASY

"Lots of people pulling u-turns because The Avengers is sold out at the drive-in. DUH."

Abraham Garcia ‏ @Abrahamiscool

The fucking avengers was sold out at the drive in... now we have a shit load pizza and drinks with nothing too do.

LMAO

I haven't been to a drive in in years.

So that is because the theater was sold out?

have you seen the movie? O.M.G. They were this close to a kiss. This. Close. Movie of the fuckin year.

You should write some fic yourself - something BDSM, from memory Loki was chained and gagged - plenty of inspiration!

So that is because the theater was sold out?

No it's because people go to drive ins to watch a movie. It's one price and you can take a car load of people, bring food and drinks, smoke bud or whatever, lol. And it always plays with another movie. Disney has the Avengers playing with John Carter, lol.

Rth can you tell us if the numbers is low balled or Nikke's Saturday number is correct?

Last time I tool a proper look at this thread(very brief look) it was like 75 pages, now its like 152+ WTF.Like I've stated before here (and many other times) hourly tracking is max of 50% of theatres and end of night is average 90-93% can be a lot lower depending, With yesterday and midnights it does throw a spaner in the works for working things out (part of it is due to figures going up and down while they work out what has and hasn't been included) and how every you extropolate data being couple of % can throw you off millions, that said whoever told Nikki around 65m initially(wasn't it) was either being super conservative or didn't understand the market 70 at least would have been more of an starting point.From brief read I've done a lot seem to think 70m today would be low end well that would be about right 68-70 would more than likely be the at least what its going to do and could easily go beyond . Be interested to see what the next update says, sure there will be one soon.
  • Like 10