Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Reloaded's Freeway scene was the only other one that came to mind as being able to rival the TA one for me. It's been awhile, so perhaps I need to rewatch that one. I think it's laughable though that a few people have compared the TA scene to TF3's city scene. They may both be big city destruction scenes but I fail to see where TF3's comes even close. I kept wanting that sequence to just end already. Not exactly the mark of something great.

I can see the resemblance because in both films a city gets smashed to bits basically, and I enjoyed TF3 but to each his own. The Matrix Revolutions had some EPIC battle sequences but I'm not too fond of that movie and I haven't watched in like 3 years so I'll have to rewatch it to see.

And no TA isn't the best summer blockbuster. It's a great movie, but ain't no way in hell it's a better summer blockbuster than Inception or Finding Nemo or Jaws.

Edited by Jack Nevada

No sellouts yet, but there will be. I doubt we will have to add the extra shows like we did on Friday and Saturday, but it should still do really well during the day.

Good to hear.

I want to sleep..... Where the hell is the official number?!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt Nikki will give us a number at 2am. It's probably 5-6 hours away. I'm waiting for something from Rth.

OK, I've taken a breather and had a few beers. Then I read something about someone climaxing and got really distracted.

Here are our numbers:

Midnights

2D - 498

3D - 186

Total - 684

Friday

2D - 1086

3D - 1283

Total - 2369

Complete Friday - 3053

Saturday

2D - 1214

3D - 1792

Total - 3006

We got really close, but the last show at midnight did almost nothing.

Oh well.

• Like 1