Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Ok, now that it looks like the estimates for Friday isn't going to be seeing big changes, I will honestly say I am kinda disappointed by the OD numbers. If TA wants to break OW record, it can't do it with just a 70 million OD. It just can't. I was honestly expecting a higher figure because of all the talk about how this would definitely take down the OW record.Given the extremely high expectations so many of us had on this even before it opened, a 70 million OD is a letdown no matter how you slice it. Its a huge figure, just not big enough to meet expectations here! :)

Edited by Eldenfirefly

Uh, guys, her update now says $70m.

FRIDAY 10 PM… REFRESH FOR LATEST… Disney is looking at even stronger North American box office for Marvel’s The Avengers in Digital 3D, RealD and IMAX 3D than even rival studios thought. The gross number now is thought to be $70 million on opening day Friday (including $18.1M midnights) and $160+M through Sunday. “Freakin’ phenomenal,” one studio mogul phoned me tonight. ”It has a real shot at the weekend record,” another movie boss emailed me. Warner Bros’ Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 (also a 3D movie)holds both the Friday opening record of $91M and the first weekend record of $169M. The AMC theater chain is selling so many Avengers tickets today that its entire credit card processing system is delayed.

Finally some good news but what happened to the midnight numbers.

Ok, now that it looks like the estimates for Friday isn't going to be seeing big changes, I will honestly say I am kinda disappointed by the OD numbers. If TA wants to break OW record, it can't do it with just a 70 million OD. It just can't. I was honestly expecting a higher figure because of all the talk about how this would definitely take down the OW record.Given the extremely high expectations so many of us had on this even before it opened, a 70 million OD is a letdown no matter how you slice it. Its a huge figure, just not big enough to meet expectations here! :)

It still amazes me how many many people, and me included now think that a 70M OD is a disappointment, and 155M OW is just a let down.