Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Also TA as of now has broken a long standing record held by Spider Man 3.Spider Man 3 grossed just below 50 million for Non Midnights on Friday.TA is looking at around 51.3 million.

I think it's enough.

I agree and with a potential 60 Million Saturday it'll get there. And even if it only gets 55 million tomorrow, it'll still puerto rico its way to 170M.

The marketing has been phenominal for this, even ads on my local radio station daily that has a listener market of 2 million, and the ads have been humorous and engaging on tv; the Target, Red Baron, and Dr Pepper to be specific, and i see the Reeces and Acura ads every 5 minutes, my friends who saw it today were beyond pleased, im going tomorrow, thats a big reason i want $170M+, Disney exposed this so well, kudos to them. If only JC got half this marketing effort/tie-in. Did he he even get a McD's/BK kids meal toy deal?

• Like 2

"TA is a non-fan base film? Don't be absurd."I agree wrong choice of words.more like non crazy fan base.TA fan base is nowhere near as crazy as the Twilight or Hp fan bases.That is why I think getting such a big opening day is quite a great achievement.

TA is a non-fan base film? Don't be absurd.

Yeah, saw some dude in a Thor shirt walking into the movie theater as I was walking to my car. What a nerd. I'm sorry, but the Thor/Loki stuff is just as geeky as it gets. Edited by redfirebird2008

So, with 70M flat18.1M Midnights51.9M Friday55.1M Saturday (+6.2%)38.7M Sunday (-29.8%)163.8M OW

Yeah, that looks like a pretty good estimate for now. Pity, I was really hoping this would break the record.