Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

It will, but again, not to an extent where it ends up grossing 10M more than historic trends would indicate it should have. Spillover is effected by VOLUME of business, not total revenue. The VOLUME simply isn't anywhere near an all time level

A 60 million Saturday is plenty of VOLUME to me.

They have tried, but remember, it's a variable. Getting a gauge on anticipation and buzz is hard enough. Trying to gauge what % of the audience will see it in 3D vs 2D is even more difficult, especially when you considers that factors are sometimes outside even the audience's direct control here (ie 2D sellouts, # of 3D screens, etc.)

Very good point - 3D share can vary widely between films. Have we heard yet what the 3D share is for The Avengers?

A 60 million Saturday is plenty of VOLUME to me.

Again, in terms of dollars it is! But in terms of tickets it's not. That's what matters; that's the point I've been trying to drive home

Very good point - 3D share can vary widely between films. Have we heard yet what the 3D share is for The Avengers?

Nope. Nothing at all. We'll likely get a 2D/3D/IMAX breakdown for the full weekend on Monday

Again, in terms of dollars it is! But in terms of tickets it's not. That's what matters; that's the point I've been trying to drive home

$60m with the 3D boost is still bigger than SM3's Saturday ticket sales.EDIT: Not really. SM3 with inflation and 3D is close to $70m. Brain fart! :lol: Edited by redfirebird2008

Still adjusts to 50+ million Without 3D if I'm doing the math right.

The general who gave Loki the staff in the beginning of the movie and in mid credits who was bowng to Thanos. Is he well known comics.

Ahh.. Get it.. I will try to next time i get the chance

Still adjusts to 50+ million Without 3D if I'm doing the math right.

Depends on the 3D share, but yeah, maybe 47-50M. Which is nowhere near record breaking attendance at all. Other's are bringing up SM3, but consider the fact that SM1 was able to do an adjusted Saturday of 58.8M in only 3615 theaters in 2002. 50M is not even close to the single day capacity Edited by spizzer

$60m with the 3D boost is still bigger than SM3's Saturday ticket sales.EDIT: Not really. SM3 with inflation and 3D is close to $70m. Brain fart! :lol:

I'm no stranger to brain farts :D