Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

Have to agree here. I said the reports were bullshit yesterday, but I also figured it was the studios lowballing it. Nothing she can do if she's fed such bad information. Same thing happened on TDK and DH2's opening days.

I agree, she just relays information, she doesn't create it. My problem with her is that she reports things as though that's what's going to happen. I know she has no choice, otherwise her article would be essentially pointless. But, she comes off looking like a fool more often than not. If she was just a bit more humble about it, she wouldn't get so much flack from us.
  • Like 2

I agree, she just relays information, she doesn't create it. My problem with her is that she reports things as though that's what's going to happen. I know she has no choice, otherwise her article would be essentially pointless. But, she comes off looking like a fool more often than not. If she was just a bit more humble about it, she wouldn't get so much flack from us.

Yeah, that snarky "not a record" crap was unnecessary. She should have just said her sources were telling her such and such.

3D Price - $11.18

2D Price - $7.83

IMAX Price - $15.3

Adjustment factor: 11.18/7.83 = 1.4278416347381

3D Share - 60.3% (54% tickets)

2D Share - 32.1% (est. 41% tickets)

IMAX Share - 7.6 % (est. 5% tickets)

Non-Midnight OD: $62,417,000

3D gross: $37,637,451

2D gross: $20,035,857

IMAX gross: $4,743,692

Adjusted 3D gross: $26,359,681

Non 3D Total: $51,139,230

Yeah, you're right. Not sure where that 46.4M figure was coming from. I'll let you know when I find out

I have something to add to that.... but more on that when the shock is over. :)

I have something to add to that.... but more on that when the shock is over. :)

What what what???There is no shock for me. It's falling within my expected range, so you might as well tell now :D Edited by spizzer