CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

Its like how TV shows have had crossovers since well the start of television. And of course Abbot and Costello did meet Frankenstien ;)

The concept of a Movieverse is quite different than a crossover. Movieverse is like creating the Marvel Universe we know in comics translated to the big screens. This is novel, crossovers without a consequence or continuity between the involved parts don't have quite the same rules. Edited by iJackSparrow

OK, here I go:

2D - 1045

3D - 1357

Total - 2402

Last Saturday we did 3006, so that's what, 21% drop from last Saturday?

Here is something far more interesting:

5/4/12

2D - 1068

3D - 1283

Total - 2351

Yes, we had a higher attendance and 3D ratio THAN OPENING DAY!!!!

61m would be a 110% increase. Yeah, that's not gonna happen nationally, but I wouldn't be surprised at all with a Thor-like 66% increase to 48m.

My biggest expectation isn't even MoS, it's the birth of the DC Movieverse that I'm most excited about. I honestly hope they reconsider the "this characters arethe only heroes in their own Worlds approach" in the light of THE AVENGERS success.

They will WB will make there own univser but I am sure WB will fuck it up.

They will WB will make there own univser but I am sure WB will fuck it up.

If they know one thing or two about business, they'll give the task for people REALLY experienced with something like that. They have in Paul Dini and Bruce Timm men way more able to a task like that than I've ever hoped Joss Whedon or anyone in Marvel's side ever had to pull it off, it's just a matter of they having patience and understand that we can't have a Justice League movie right now, but in 5 or 6 years it could make an insane amount of cash. Build this correctly and they have potential to surpass Marvel because they own all the characters.

Did I miss anything in the past 6 hours?I'm guessing no....

Rallax reports a 20.1% drop from last Saturday, and higher attendance then OD minus midnights...His theater is usually bigger than average, but that's still amazing...

My Dark Shadows showing at 10:45 was close to empty.. like 10-15 people. But I had to wait in line to get a ticket because of The Avengers 11 PM show... so yeah.

Avengers is doing well today.I think it going to number 1 until snow white.