CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

RS is tracking Battleship at 50M. MTC is tracking it at 27M, it'll get to 35M max, max, max. I would not be surprised with a 25M or less based on the tracking. Avengers is looking at 50+M 3rd weekend most likely.

RS sucks as always

How in the hell is that gonna happen?

This movie will be making at least more $50m next weekend, probably more, $60m. Even with a 50% drop from last week for the weekdays, it could easily make more $50m from the weekdays alone. We are at $375m right now, it could very well end up with a scenario of TA reaching $500m DOM by its 3rd week. This is how crazy this is getting. People should be celebrating, not mad because some records are being crushed.

This movie will be making at least more $50m next weekend, probably more, $60m. Even with a 50% drop from last week for the weekdays, it could easily make more $50m from the weekdays alone. We are at $375m right now, it could very well end up with a scenario of TA reaching $500m DOM by its 3rd week. This is how crazy this is getting. People should be celebrating, not mad because some records are being crushed.

373.to get to 500 it means 127 Million. This means it would get a lower drop in 2nd-3rd week by 30% than it did from 1st to 2nd week. Not. HappeningEven with your estimates of 60 million weekend and 50 million weekdays it comes to 483 million MAX Edited by Hasan Ahmad

$500m - $373m = $127mMon: $10mTue: $9mWed: $8mThu: $7mFri: $20mSat: $27mSun: $18m$99m week, and I'm being conservative here, $474m, making possible to achieve $500m even before Memorial Weekend.

lol. nice to see you are finally being realistic, even if you think its conservative

Er actually it couldn't, it would make about 31mil for the weekdays with a 50% drop which i see about right for the coming week. 30-35mil for Mon-Thurs and a 50-60mil 3rd weekend for a $450-460mil total by the end of its 3rd weekend.

lol. nice to see you are finally being realistic, even if you think its conservative

I'm being realistic, you're the one having delusions about any movie around killing THE AVENGERS BO before the summer ends. Trust me, it won't. ;)

So should we be fairly sure to see TA over $450m by next Sunday?Even if it has a semi-harsh drops:Mon 9.3m (-70%) 382.3mTues 8.8m (-5%) 391.1mWed 7.9m (-10%) 399.0mTh 7.1m (-10%) 406.1mFri 14.2m (+100%) 420.3mSat 20m (+41%) 440.3mSun 14m (-30%) 454.3mThat'd get it there on day 17, a full 10 days ahead of TDK. Oh my.

Er actually it couldn't, it would make about 31mil for the weekdays with a 50% drop which i see about right for the coming week. 30-35mil for Mon-Thurs and a 50-60mil 3rd weekend for a $450-460mil total by the end of its 3rd weekend.

Yeah and I can see me and you being wrong about that. I think this week we'll have better drops compared with next week. Laugh now, soon enough we'll have estimatives and you never know if you'll be able to laugh later. ;)

So should we be fairly sure to see TA over $450m by next Sunday?

Even if it has a semi-harsh drops:

Mon 9.3m (-70%) 382.3m

Tues 8.8m (-5%) 391.1m

Wed 7.9m (-10%) 399.0m

Th 7.1m (-10%) 406.1m

Fri 14.2m (+100%) 420.3m

Sat 20m (+41%) 440.3m

Sun 14m (-30%) 454.3m

That'd get it there on day 17, a full 10 days ahead of TDK. Oh my.

Oh we're so c-c-c-c-c-c-ontroversial.

I'm being realistic, you're the one having delusions about any movie around killing THE AVENGERS BO before the summer ends. Trust me, it won't. ;)

lets see.MIB IIII - Main character is a box office magnet especially in blockbusters even if the movie sucksAmazing Spiderman - Reboot of the previous record holder of BO. First ever movie to cross 100 million OW.Prometheus - Parallel story to Alien by the same man who directed Alien. 20+ years later, huge cult followingDark Knight Rises - Ending of the one of the best rated Comic book movies of all time. Previous Record HolderYou are about to witness one of the biggest summers in Hollywood history and Avengers will not be alone in creating it.

So should we be fairly sure to see TA over $450m by next Sunday?Even if it has a semi-harsh drops:Mon 9.3m (-70%) 382.3mTues 8.8m (-5%) 391.1mWed 7.9m (-10%) 399.0mTh 7.1m (-10%) 406.1mFri 14.2m (+100%) 420.3mSat 20m (+41%) 440.3mSun 14m (-30%) 454.3mThat'd get it there on day 17, a full 10 days ahead of TDK. Oh my.

I have it at about 450mil, maybe a touch higher.

lets see.MIB IIII - Main character is a box office magnet especially in blockbusters even if the movie sucksAmazing Spiderman - Reboot of the previous record holder of BO. First ever movie to cross 100 million OW.Prometheus - Parallel story to Alien by the same man who directed Alien. 20+ years later, huge cult followingDark Knight Rises - Ending of the one of the best rated Comic book movies of all time. Previous Record HolderYou are about to witness one of the biggest summers in Hollywood history and Avengers will not be alone in creating it.

When I said it would be alone? I'm saying that THE AVENGERS won't be going anywhere. I'm saying that this movie will still be playing in theaters around the globe at least until august, exactly because it isn't alone. TASM and TDKR will actually help TA, because at that point it's basically WOM from people who haven't seen it yet and people going again just because it's a fucking awesome movie. You're treating TA like it's just another blockbuster. When it isn't. And that's where your estimates and predictions go wrong. ;)

He's not agreeing with your stance that it'll get to 500M by next Monday. Only you are being controversial and have highly optimistic projections. :)

ijacksparrow is what you would get if you spliced BKB and Kal together, delusional, overreacting, annoying and a TDK/Nolan basher.

He's not agreeing with your stance that it'll get to 500M by next Monday. Only you are being controversial and have highly optimistic projections. :)

I didn't said he was, I was celebrating the $450m milestone 10 days prior next to TDK and quoting a Brand New song. Having fun, you know what I mean? Catch up, artist. :P