CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

My point is that I can see this movie holding extremelly well for the next weeks, and keep the momentum going all through July, exactly when the summer starts and school is out. I just think that looking at the initial numbers and completely disregarding how well it's making is understimating this movie's potential at the box office.The way I see it, the May release is perfect because once we get to July, this will keep going to have legs, legs enough to keep going through all summer. I can be wrong, but that's the way I see it.Thank you for your respectful answer, that's how I'm used to talk with people on boards. :lol:

By the time July hits, TA will have pretty much wrapped up its run. It will make 95% of its money in May and June.
  • Like 2

I know the TDKR boards quite well. It is indeed a safe haven for TDKR fans, not even only on their boards, but everywhere. Especially when the TDKR mod is around, which is basically a troll with mod powers.

Which mod are you referring to? Last I checked, C. Lee banned people for even mentioning anything other than TDKR in the TDKR General Discussion forum. If you went even slightly off-topic, you get a warning. If you keep going off-topic, he'll ban you in a hurry.

By the time July hits, TA will have pretty much wrapped up its run. It will make 95% of its money in May and June.

That's what I'd have said before watching the movie and seeing its reception. I don't think we're looking for a usual blockbuster run here. This will still be going at least until August. Just look at THG numbers this weekend and extrapolate it.

Yes, but more than 5 TA regulars were banned, the other side I'm not sure that even got infraction points. But things look better there now, since a certain mod is missing from the boards. I know how the X-Men boards used to work back then with XMFC, it was nothing like that with the TA boards, and I'm sure it won't be the same with the TDKR boards too.

I'm glad I didn't see that mess. I hate when mods co-sign with the trolling.

Thats what i was trying to say earlier, it will still be making small amounts in July and maybe August but big numbers and big weekends will be long gone by the start of July.

Which mod are you referring to? Last I checked, C. Lee banned people for even mentioning anything other than TDKR in the TDKR General Discussion forum. If you went even slightly off-topic, you get a warning. If you keep going off-topic, he'll ban you in a hurry.

Well, this seems to be a case of the mods wanting a fight between fanbases now. Because the mod taking care of TA clearly hated the movie and was a TDKR fan, at the point of giving me infration points for asking to TA fans to calm down and ignore the ones that were clearly hating on the movie for sake of hating. As I said, troll mods, senile mods, it's all the same. It's a mad house, most obnoxious board experience I've ever had. They look like Cartman playing like he's a cop, but less cute.

Well, this seems to be a case of the mods wanting a fight between fanbases now. Because the mod taking care of TA clearly hated the movie and was a TDKR fan, at the point of giving me infration points for asking to TA fans to calm down and ignore the ones that were clearly hating on the movie for sake of hating. As I said, troll mods, senile mods, it's all the same. It's a mad house, most obnoxious board experience I've ever had. They look like Cartman playing like he's a cop, but less cute.

I wouldn't call them troll mods, I would call them Nazi mods. They locked the TDKR General Discussion thread about a week ago because apparently people were going too off-topic by joking around a little bit. God forbid we talk about something other than TDKR's non-existent marketing campaign or the fact that the movie still doesn't come out for 2 months.

I'm glad I didn't see that mess. I hate when mods co-sign with the trolling.

It's just pretty poorly moderated. Things work quite nicely here because mods only interwine if things get out of hand, the TA boards and TDKR boards it seems, are the fucking hell.

I'm all for Avengers talk but since this is Weekend totals thread the amazing thing is that 8 weeks later The Hunger Games is #4 in the top 10.Those are some impressive legs, the movie I mean. ;)

Yes it is. I was actually gonna comment on that.

Well i did say earlier that it could get 9mil but i think it will fall between 8 and 9mil.

No chance of more than 9?

That's what I'd have said before watching the movie and seeing its reception. I don't think we're looking for a usual blockbuster run here. This will still be going at least until August. Just look at THG numbers this weekend and extrapolate it.

It doesn't work like that.The Hunger Games has had extraordinary legs and we still have it at my theater. But, it is dropping down to two shows this weekend. It will make 2 months playing which is amazing in my opinion. However, it didn't have summer season to compete with. Each week Avengers will have more and more movies coming out, so far it has withstood the test, but it won't last all summer. Not by a long shot.