CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

He's not agreeing with your stance that it'll get to 500M by next Monday. Only you are being controversial and have highly optimistic projections. :)

Not even going for argumentative, just looking for the low end of expectations. :)

ijacksparrow is what you would get if you spliced BKB and Kal together, delusional, overreacting, annoying and a TDK/Nolan basher.

You're the cutest Avatar fan when you're angry. I'm not gay, but the ladies on the boards must get wet when you get all macho and mad when an Avatar record is crushed. :lol: Try to give a man having a good time a bad name, sir. Bad mouth me at will, the mods are watching. ;)

I didn't said he was, I was celebrating the $450m milestone 10 days prior next to TDK and quoting a Brand New song. Having fun, you know what I mean? Catch up, artist. :P

That is different from your original stance - of TA crossing 500M by next Sunday. No one here is bitter about TA crossing TDK's milestones faster. Repeating it over and over again will be playing captain obvious and will only increase the noise in the signal-to-noise ratio.

When I said it would be alone? I'm saying that THE AVENGERS won't be going anywhere. I'm saying that this movie will still be playing in theaters around the globe at least until august, exactly because it isn't alone. TASM and TDKR will actually help TA, because at that point it's basically WOM from people who haven't seen it yet and people going again just because it's a fucking awesome movie.You're treating TA like it's just another blockbuster. When it isn't. And that's where your estimates and predictions go wrong. ;)

All blockbusters are in theaters for around 5-7 months, the difference all movies, including avatar, dark knight and others are making less than a million a day from 30-40 onwards even if it makes 40,000 a day it runs to 5-7 months

You're the cutest Avatar fan when you're angry. I'm not gay, but the ladies on the boards must get wet when you get all macho and mad when an Avatar record is crushed. :lol:Try to give a man having a good time a bad name, sir. Bad mouth me at will, the mods are watching. ;)

I forgot confrontational as well if anyone doesn't agree with you.Why are you bringing AVATAR into this?, has anyone mentioned the film at all?, god you're delusional.

That is different from your original stance - of TA crossing 500M by next Sunday.No one here is bitter about TA crossing TDK's milestones faster. Repeating it over and over again will be playing captain obvious and will only increase the noise in the signal-to-noise ratio.

Read what I said and don't put words in my mouth, sir. Read what I say, interpret it or shut up. I didn't said it will, I said it could get to $500m or very close. At the most conservative it will get to $473m, and this is close enough for me. I do think it'll get higher though. A lot higher. And just a hint: don't try to win arguments with me by twisting my words, it won't end well for you. ;)

I forgot confrontational as well if anyone doesn't agree with you.Why are you bringing AVATAR into this?, has anyone mentioned the film at all?, god you're delusional.

You've being confrontional with me and anyone excited with this movie's success since I've joined. Please. Don't fall in love with me, sir. I'm aware of my handsomeness, but please let me be. Find another user to get obsessed with. I'll put in my ignore list if it's what it takes, stop confronting me and saying I'm the one being confrontional afterwards, high horse avatar fan prick. I do enjoy Avatar, but don't say you know that Nolan's fans can be annoying, you're more annoying them all of them together. Welcome to my ignore list.

Read what I said and don't put words in my mouth, sir. Read what I say, interpret it or shut up. I didn't said it will, I said it could get to $500m or very close. At the most conservative it will get to $473m, and this is close enough for me. I do think it'll get higher though. A lot higher.

And just a hint: don't try to win arguments with me by twisting my words, it won't end well for you. ;)

You did.

It'll be close or surpassing $500M before next monday, who knows how much it'll make until Memorial Weekend. I can see THE AVENGERS making at least more $120M this week. I think it'll get very close to $700M before July. This movie is a fucking box office monster. :lol:

Based on the advice of fellow members, off you go on my ignore list. :)

when you little boys stop bickering let the rest of us know...i'll be back later yawnnnsometimes its a good thing to just agree to disagree and let it go no one will think less of either of you!

Edited by ladyevenstar22
  • Like 1

You did.Based on the advice of fellow members, off you go on my ignore list. :)

LOL, bolding what I said won't make what I said any different, sir. If you don't have the attention span or interpretation skills, I feel bad for you. What I meant is that it could get very close or surpass it, than I said again it could get very close or over $500m. Jesus. Do me a favor and PLEASE put me on your ignore list. The less of you and stuart360, the better. :D

You've being confrontional with me and anyone excited with this movie's success since I've joined. Please. Don't fall in love with me, sir. I'm aware of my handsomeness, but please let me be. Find another user to get obsessed with. I'll put in my ignore list if it's what it takes, stop confronting me and saying I'm the one being confrontional afterwards, high horse avatar fan prick. I do enjoy Avatar, but don't say you know that Nolan's fans can be annoying, you're more annoying them all of them together. Welcome to my ignore list.

What the hell are you talking about, i haven't said anything bad about this movie or its success. All i have said is that i thought people were getting carried away with the 'this is going to hit 700mil' style posts, i have said many times that i thought the film was a ggod film and that i enjoyed it.

I swear you are losing it, you honestly are.

• Like 3

What the hell are you talking about, i haven't said anything bad about this movie or its success. All i have said is that i thought people were getting carried away with the 'this is going to hit 700mil' style posts, i have said many times that i thought the film was a ggod film and that i enjoyed it.I swear you are losing it, you honestly are.

Ignore function ;)I cant even tell if he responded to my post and wasted his time .. lol

And you're being very conservative. It'll be close or surpassing $500M before next monday, who knows how much it'll make until Memorial Weekend. I can see THE AVENGERS making at least more $120M this week. I think it'll get very close to $700M before July. This movie is a fucking box office monster. :lol:

While the film is indeed performing spectacularly, I disagree with your calculations.One reason Avengers is doing so well on the weekends is that since it is May - and students are still in school - the weekdays are not as strong. If we assume another 50% drop for next weekend, meaning $50M, and a $30M weekday gross (also a 50% drop), the total is about $450M after next weekend. That's an outstanding sum, but not exactly $500M.If the movie then has another 40-50% weekday drop ($15-20M) and holds well over the 4-day Memorial Day frame (smaller 30% drop for ~$35M weekend), that puts it around the $500M mark.I will accept that perhaps my drops are too harsh (although...) and the total could be closer to $520M. However, I feel the duldrums of the first week of June combined with June openers will prevent Avengers from coming anywhere near $700M. I believe the most it will make is around $600M.

Today is apparently not just any Monday, but a "we want to be cool so let's all hate on The Avengers because it's doing so well in the box office" kind of Monday.LOL at people in other forums. It was just a matter of time for this to happen.Apparently it's cool if you hate The Avengers, but it's even cooler if you haven't seen The Avengers and also hate it. :rolleyes:In the end, no one can argue with a 93% critic rating, an A+ Cinemascore, and 96% of over 300,000 people who liked it:http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/marvels_the_avengers/^ Now that's cool. B)

Today is apparently not just any Monday, but a "we want to be cool so let's all hate on The Avengers because it's doing so well in the box office" kind of Monday.LOL at people in other forums.It was just a matter of time for this to happen.Apparently it's cool if you hate The Avengers, but it's even cooler if you haven't seen The Avengers and also hate it. :rolleyes:In the end, no one can argue with a 93% critic rating, an A+ Cinemascore, and 96% of over 300,000 people who liked it:http://www.rottentom...s_the_avengers/^ Now that's cool. B)

Titanic has haters, AVATAR has haters, TDK has haters, all big films do and it was only a matter of time before The Avengers gets it. Its a success thing, its almost like its part of our dna to hate success (well many of us, not all). The no.1 film of the year = 'shite', the no.1 song in the charts - 'awful song' etc, etc, etc.

While the film is indeed performing spectacularly, I disagree with your calculations.One reason Avengers is doing so well on the weekends is that since it is May - and students are still in school - the weekdays are not as strong. If we assume another 50% drop for next weekend, meaning $50M, and a $30M weekday gross (also a 50% drop), the total is about $450M after next weekend. That's an outstanding sum, but not exactly $500M.If the movie then has another 40-50% weekday drop ($15-20M) and holds well over the 4-day Memorial Day frame (smaller 30% drop for ~$35M weekend), that puts it around the $500M mark.I will accept that perhaps my drops are too harsh (although...) and the total could be closer to $520M. However, I feel the duldrums of the first week of June combined with June openers will prevent Avengers from coming anywhere near $700M. I believe the most it will make is around $600M.

My point is that I can see this movie holding extremelly well for the next weeks, and keep the momentum going all through July, exactly when the summer starts and school is out. I just think that looking at the initial numbers and completely disregarding how well it's making is understimating this movie's potential at the box office.The way I see it, the May release is perfect because once we get to July, this will keep going to have legs, legs enough to keep going through all summer. I can be wrong, but that's the way I see it.Thank you for your respectful answer, that's how I'm used to talk with people on boards. :lol: