CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

You are kidding yourself if you think Transformers will be remembered for more than bad fx and Megan Fox ass. There are a lot of movies that can rake in cash at the box office, not so many can gather a cult following monster like The Avengers was designed to and is achieving to become.

I hate transformers but people will remember for good or bad. You do not make all this money and people look back and never remember it.Avengers will be remembered like The Dark Knight, Avatar, and Lord of the Rings.

It does deserve its numbers as thats what its got, same with any film, if people are wanting to pay to see it then it deserves its gross.

That's not true. What if they put out a movie with a great trailer that has 10 huge movie stars, but the movie is a piece of trash. But the movie still makes 100 million opening weekend based on the "hype" created? I'm not saying that it's the case with the Avengers, it's not a bad film, but your theory isn't right. Some films are incredible and have no good promotion, while bad films get great promotion and end up doing well. Success and quality are not always the same.
  • Like 1

Same here. I felt like a kid with the comic book coming to life.

Not even in my more wildest fanboy dreams I could imagine the whole World would be into The Avengers so much like this. I actually didn't believe the movie could be this good until I saw it with my own eyes at the pre-screening here in Brazil. In the words of Kristen Bell, unbefuckinglievable.

Ironicly the film keeps getting compared to Transformers more than any other film. :D

"Ironically" it's by people who mostly disliked TA and need to find the most popular very much disliked blockbuster that has a major showdown in an American city. :rolleyes:
  • Like 2

That's not true. What if they put out a movie with a great trailer that has 10 huge movie stars, but the movie is a piece of trash. But the movie still makes 100 million opening weekend based on the "hype" created? I'm not saying that it's the case with the Avengers, it's not a bad film, but your theory isn't right. Some films are incredible and have no good promotion, while bad films get great promotion and end up doing well. Success and quality are not always the same.

Big OW, bad run - its called Spider-Man 3. ;)Not The Avengers.

Definately but if people are paying to see the film then it deserves it. I love your sig by the way, Jurassic Park 4 will rock!.

"Ironically" it's by people who mostly disliked TA and need to find the most popular very much disliked blockbuster that has a major showdown in an American city. :rolleyes:

Even critics who liked Avengers say transformers is a good comparison.Both are light heartedBoth have a lot charactersBoth have humorBoth have lot destructionAvengers does it way better.What other film is good comparison.

The reason for the question was, my brother's son has been going crazy over Hulk especially the rag doll scene and same from my co-workers as well. Kids absolutely love Hulk.

EVERYONE absolutely loves the Hulk. Like I've said over and over, he is the best part of this movie by far. He steals scenes just like Ledger's Joker stole scenes in TDK. Huge audience laughter and applause when Hulk decides to do crazy shit, which is pretty often in the movie. :lol:
  • Like 1

I was joking hense the smiley. No need to get all 'grammar police' as well, i have dyslexia,

Even critics who liked Avengers say transformers is a good comparison.Both are light heartedBoth have a lot charactersBoth have humorBoth have lot destructionAvengers does it way better.What other film is good comparison.

That's twisting the facts to apply your point of view. The Avengers became a phenomenon without sucking the life out of Star Wars, unlike a certain movie "heavily inspired" by Heat. You want to demeanor The Avengers? Fair game. Just know it works both ways. ;)

This is almost a lock for $100M this weekend. Even if it's really off by $3-4M, Disney will sell the most delicious Puerto Rican fudge they can find in order to get it to $100M

What's this "fudge" the numbers really mean?

EVERYONE absolutely loves the Hulk. Like I've said over and over, he is the best part of this movie by far. He steals scenes just like Ledger's Joker stole scenes in TDK. Huge audience laughter and applause when Hulk decides to do crazy shit, which is pretty often in the movie. :lol:

Hulk movie could be a uber blockbuster now. Only thing it has to be is well made especially his action sequences.

That's twisting the facts to apply your point of view. The Avengers became a phenomenon without sucking the life out of Star Wars, unlike a certain movie "heavily inspired" by Heat. You want to demeanor The Avengers? Fair game. Just know it works both ways. ;)

And i thought i was defensive of AVATAR lol, i strive to be as big a defensive warrior as you are Jack!. Heat was a great film by the way. :D