CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

Hehe, I'm the opposite. SM2 is hands down the most overrated superhero movie other than TDK. X2 is underrated IMHO.

Alfred Molina was perfect as DOC OC plus I have never liked X-men movies by FOX.

• Founder / Operator

I'm going with a 48% bump today and 31% drop tomorrow.

$43.1m and $30.1m today and tomorrow for me. Whatever those drops equate to with the current Fri estimate... I'm too lazy to check. :P

No, because his theater also had one show that was $5.00 for the early show....basically half price, and that sold out. So I think his theater is not a 100% replication of other theaters. I'm comfortable with predicting a 46-48% bump. 43-46 mill.

Uh, $46m is a 58% increase.

Hehe, I'm the opposite. SM2 is hands down the most overrated superhero movie other than TDK. X2 is underrated IMHO.

I don't know about most overrated but I don't think SM2 is significantly better than SM1, they both would be in the lower half of my superhero top 10.

I think thats because The Avengers is a 'fun' film and its a more of a spectacle than those films i listed, its a great time so to speak, i just don't think its as good a 'film' as those films i listed, its just my opinion though.

I'm not a guy so sorry, but spectacles and blowing building does nothing for me. Nada. I'm way more interested in characters I've seen the previous movies of and read about their history. And that's the reason I personally like TA so much.

No one understands the hate from TDK/Nolan fans like AVATAR/Cameron fans do but most TDK fans on here[ have been positive towards The Avengers.

And that's exactly what I'm talking about. I am a Nolan's Batman fan and I've been more than positive about THE AVENGERS, and just like I've defended AVATAR from TDK fans that acted exactly like they're doing with this movie. It's nothing new, and just like the crazy weird fans of my favorite rock bands don't make me hate them, I can see some people seeing TDK fans with bad eyes, the majority of us isn't like this,

I think The Avengers was a great fun film, i just don't think its very deep or will stand up to multiple viewings over time unlike films like X-Men 2, Spiderman 2, BB and TDK (although people do overrate that) but thats just my opnion and TA is a good film.

And that's the point where we disagree. I've never seen a movie as rewatchable as THE AVENGERS. It's on the same league of the STAR WARS Original Trilogy and Indy movies, and that's what I believe it's the movie's greatest merit, it's a movie that welcomes repeated viewings like crazy. And that's not an easy feat, to entertain me this much after 4th screenings and still making me crave for more isn't something I can say for any other movie since I was a kid. The closest a movie ever get close to this was the first MATRIX, and that movie is one that still today has a great watchability, I imagine a hell lot of people around the World is agreeing with me, just take a look at the pace this movie is going, having sold out screenings week after week. Denying there's something very special about THE AVENGERS by now is to do the same people did with AVATAR back then, don't you agree that it's just a silly fanbase fight?

I like to see myself above all these petty fanbases rivalries, and I act accordingly.

Edited by iJackSparrow

I honestly think X2 is a great film, great characters and awesome action and set pieces, it has a lot of heart as well.

I used to really champion X2 until XFC last year. Since then it's gone considerably down on my list. I just think FC did the X-Men universe a lot better justice.

I don't know about most overrated but I don't think SM2 is significantly better than SM1, they both would be in the lower half of my superhero top 10.

Neither are in my top 10 but I agree that they're similar quality. Matter of fact, just got done watching SM1 on Blu-ray and I definitely feel like SM2 got overpraised compared to it.

I'm not a guy so sorry, but spectacles and blowing building does nothing for me. Nada. I'm way more interested in characters I've seen the previous movies of and read about their history. And that's the reason I personally like TA so much.

I guessed that by your name. :D

They aren't perfect movies though. To attempt to discredit the messenger instead of actually listening to the message is not right or fair. When I say the first 10 minutes of Avengers bored me, that was an honest observation. I loved the rest of the movie. Thank God the first 10 minutes wasn't anything like the rest of it. The dialogue got much better throughout the rest of the movie and the storytelling improved too.

Don't get me wrong, i'm totally ok with that and respect your opinion. But what kills me, are people walking around and shit talking and downplaying a movie without a reason.