CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

• Founder / Operator

The ironic thing about Avatar/TDK/Marvel fanboys is that some of shit talk Transformers/twilight and think it is okay. People always bitch about Twilight breaking records.

True. Its mainly because 95% of the fanboys are dudes. :lol:

And that's exactly what I'm talking about. I am a Nolan's Batman fan and I've been more than positive about THE AVENGERS, and just like I've defended AVATAR from TDK fans that acted exactly like they're doing with this movie. It's nothing new, and just like the crazy weird fans of my favorite rock bands don't make me hate them, I can see some people seeing TDK fans with bad eyes, the majority of us isn't like this,

And that's the point where we disagree. I've never seen a movie as rewatchable as THE AVENGERS. It's on the same league of the STAR WARS Original Trilogy and Indy movies, and that's what I believe it's the movie's greatest merit, it's a movie that welcomes repeated viewings like crazy. And that's not an easy feat, to entertain me this much after 4th screenings and still making me crave for more isn't something I can say for any other movie since I was a kid. The closest a movie ever get close to this was the first MATRIX, and that movie is one that still today has a great watchability, I imagine a hell lot of people around the World is agreeing with me, just take a look at the pace this movie is going, having sold out screenings week after week. Denying there's something very special about THE AVENGERS by now is to do the same people did with AVATAR back then, don't you agree that it's just a silly fanbase fight?

I like to see myself above all these petty fanbases rivalries, and I act accordingly.

I hate all the fanboy wars and the 'my film is better than your film, your film sucks!' crap that we get on forums, i was on Mojo through the AVATAR release and the hate from a certain section was ridiculous and is the reason why i'm so defensive over AVATAR but in The Avengers case, i think TDK/Nolan fans are being harshly treated and most of them have been supportive towards the film but maybe history is catching up with them (i like Nolan/Batman by the way).

It makes me mad. I guarantee if these marvel fanboys if the Twilight were to break the OW record. Marvel fanboys were talk shit about the franchise.I really hope the next movie to be TDK, Avatar, Avengers is a heavly based female movie. That people hate on this board.

I'm female and I'll rate both Transformers and Twilight very very low on my personal movie scale. Because of that I just ignore them and don't even care if they break records. I wish I had the "Ignore" function for movies such as these on the net, so I wouldn't have to read anything about them, ever.But I prefer to ignore movies I don't like, while some guys here go out of their way to talk about their disliked movies.

The ironic thing about Avatar/TDK/Marvel fanboys is that some of shit talk Transformers/twilight and think it is okay. People always bitch about Twilight breaking records.

I haven't seen a Twilight movie in my entire life and I have no regrets. I never complained about anything because I simply don't care. I do care a lot about THE AVENGERS, ASM and TDKR though. I'm hoping for ASM to surprise us all.I have never saw Harry Potter movies, and that in other hand is something I'm ashamed of.

People overreact everything. TA is a fun film, but nothing more. It's not even a great movie. It has a plot which is as stupid as any TF films and has the same silly third act. These are facts. It's still an entertaining ride, with lot of pleasant, popcorn blockbuster moments. Just don't put it on a pedestal it doesn't even try to be. The comparison between TA and TF is valid. TA is ain't Superman 2, Spidey 2 or XMFC.

Perhaps you should revisit the definition of the word 'fact.'

I used to really champion X2 until XFC last year. Since then it's gone considerably down on my list. I just think FC did the X-Men universe a lot better justice.

Believe it or not, i haven't seen the film yet. I was never interested in a prequel and the 'X-Men: First Class' title was a bit cringeworthy for me but i do have the film and i will watch it. The thing with me is that i'm not a comic reader, the only comics i ever read were Spiderman and the Dark Horse ALIENS comics and that was when i was a kid so i don't know much about superhero backgrounds, i just judge the films as 'films' if you know what i mean.

I really hope the next movie to be TDK, Avatar, Avengers is a heavly based female movie. That people hate on this board.

Harry Potter came the closest to that with 54% females first opening weekend.

I have nothing against heavily based female movie as long as it was, you know, good.

I haven't seen a Twilight movie in my entire life and I have no regrets. I never complained about anything because I simply don't care. I do care a lot about THE AVENGERS, ASM and TDKR though. I'm hoping for ASM to surprise us all.I have never saw Harry Potter movies, and that in other hand is something I'm ashamed of.

If stay on this board you will see the hate twilight get. It so sickening. If you think Avengers has it bad just what on see the hate for twilight. When twilight break OD and midnight record and does 300m the hate is so strong. Twilight hate is 100 times greater then this Avenger hate. Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

I re-watched XFC last week. The last 30 minutes or so of that movie is perfect. The scene where X says "I can't feel my legs" gave me chills.

No doubt about it. Movie has great emotion to it which is very hard to find in a SH movie. I love XFC compared to rest of the X-Men movies by FOX.

Believe it or not, i haven't seen the film yet. I was never interested in a prequel and the 'X-Men: First Class' title was a bit cringeworthy for me but i do have the film and i will watch it. The thing with me is that i'm not a comic reader, the only comics i ever read were Spiderman and the Dark Horse ALIENS comics and that was when i was a kid so i don't know much about superhero backgrounds, i just judge the films as 'films' if you know what i mean.

I actually am not a comic reader either,I just have a few friends who are diehard fans so i know a lot through them, and I just meant I felt FC did the X-men better on film than X2 did. I still really like X2 though, I just watched it since FC though and my opinion of it isn't as strong anymore.

I hate all the fanboy wars and the 'my film is better than your film, your film sucks!' crap that we get on forums, i was on Mojo through the AVATAR release and the hate from a certain section was ridiculous and is the reason why i'm so defensive over AVATAR but in The Avengers case, i think TDK/Nolan fans are being harshly treated and most of them have been supportive towards the film but maybe history is catching up with them (i like Nolan/Batman by the way).

I like what Joss said about it not being a zero sum game. It's great if your favorite movie hits big and it's great if someone else's favorite movie hits big, people are at least going out to see them. I think it's wonderful when any movie connects with an audience, big or small. TDK, Avatar, and Avengers have each connected with people in a different way and I'm just glad "event" movies are still a thing. People going out in droves to see a movie and keeping theaters viable is the important thing, which specific movie is packing them in at any given moment in time is secondary.

XFC is better for me. Fassbender is pefect as Magneto.

This!XFC is by far the best x-men movie, this coming from a huge wolverine fan. Fassbender was epic, his interpretation of magento was awesome, he nailed the character. Edited by dignam

That's where XFC succeeds. It feels like a spy movie instead of a superhero movie, plus the acting by McAvoy and Fassbender is great regardless of whether the movie is based on a comic book. I think you'd like it very much when you see it.

I'm female and I'll rate both Transformers and Twilight very very low on my personal movie scale. Because of that I just ignore them and don't even care if they break records. I wish I had the "Ignore" function for movies such as these on the net, so I wouldn't have to read anything about them, ever.But I prefer to ignore movies I don't like, while some guys here go out of their way to talk about their disliked movies.

Here, here! I'm also female, and I also tend to ignore franchises I don't find appealing. Besides, apathy is a worse condemnation than hatred. ;)

Hehe, i think when it comes to twilight, we avatar/tdk/avenger fans must stick together :DBut seriously, i never downplayed a movie just of respect to the fans. Edited by dignam