Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

LABAS said : Today is another day off for some students due to the sports day last Saturday..

I see, thanks for the info.

Well, 10% drop at the start of the week. We'll see how it is this week.

I see, thanks for the info.Well, 10% drop at the start of the week. We'll see how it is this week.

Yes, and even some schools have their sports day this Saturday..but not as many as past two weeks.

So, next Monday would be a day off for some students..but the drop is also destined...

Deadline says $7.5M wknd and $207.5M total.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/international-box-office-maleficent-awakens-100m-overseas-bow-x-men-adds-95-6m-edge-of-tomorrow-cruises-to-20m-in-select-markets-a-million-ways-to-die-in-the-west-holsters-10/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ONA total should be $833.6M - only $66.4M left to reach $900M. HP7:P2 is still within reach

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 1

;

Is it so hard to call The Walt Disney Company? These letters will get lost in the shuffle, we need to talk to a big boss.I don't know what to do from the old world.

you have internet. World not so old. Call anywhere with skype. 2 cents a minute, a lot cheaper than pigeon food :pI called disney corporate and spoke to Dave Hollis' assistant. She was receptive, took notes and said that it would be passed along to Mr Hollis and someone will get back to me.Give it two days then everyone call dave. 10 cents 5 minutesWho wants to call Bob Iger?Corporate main line. (818) 560-1000 Edited by T E Lawrence
  • Like 2

Rentrak said that the $5.8 million figure was reported to them by Disney. So we should be telling Disney that their estimate is wrong. Are they trying to save some taxes by reporting lower numbers :D

Edited by Annayya
  • Like 1

;you have internet. World not so old. Call anywhere with skype. 2 cents a minute, a lot cheaper than pigeon food :PI called disney corporate and spoke to Dave Hollis' assistant. She was receptive, took notes and said that it would be passed along to Mr Hollis and someone will get back to me.Give it two days then everyone call dave. 10 cents 5 minutesWho wants to call Bob Iger?Corporate main line. (818) 560-1000

Is Dave Hollis the one in charge of DVD marketing?  Here's hoping that he says yes the DVD release can be delayed.

;you have internet. World not so old. Call anywhere with skype. 2 cents a minute, a lot cheaper than pigeon food :PI called disney corporate and spoke to Dave Hollis' assistant. She was receptive, took notes and said that it would be passed along to Mr Hollis and someone will get back to me.Give it two days then everyone call dave. 10 cents 5 minutesWho wants to call Bob Iger?Corporate main line. (818) 560-1000

I'd have called them already, but I'm such a clod when it comes to spoken English. :(

Glad you called! I hope others will follow you *crosses fingers*

Rentrak said that the $5.8 million figure was reported to them by Disney. So we should be telling Disney that their estimate is wrong. Are they trying to save some taxes by reporting lower numbers :D

It's true, i have asked him about Frozen estmates and a so-called Nancy email me this and asked me to send her my sources. Now Disney correct itself:2ND UPDATE, MONDAY 9:05 AM PT: While we wait on updated actuals from around the interntaional dial, Disney has revised its numbers for Frozen‘s 12th consecutive weekend atop the Japan box office. The cume this frame was $7.5M, not $5.8M as the studio previously reported. That was 8% above last weekend and pushed Frozen even farther past the $200M mark locally with the cume now at $207.5M Edited by edroger
  • Like 2

Tracking the true weekend multiplier. The column that holds steadiest and closest to its mean becomes the likely target.

Consistantly ascending total is too low a multiple, descending is  too high. Summer midweeks will cause an increase.

Wk   WE    Tot       12x      18x      24x     30x

9)  7.2   167.4     253.8    297.0    340.2   383.4

10)  7.9   181.3     276.1    322.5    370.9   418.3

11)  6.85  194.3     276.5    317.6    359.3   399.8

12)  7.4   208.0     296.8    341.2    385.6   430.0

Lets go with a 10% drop next week (which just doesn't want to happen) and see how this looks. 

13)  6.7   220.2     300.6    340.8    381.9   421.2

12x steadily increases as the higher multiples fluctuate. we need a couple more weeks to tell and some sort of steady decline.

Multiples are based on steady drops when that starts being consistant and do not account for summer midweek bump or a drawn out run which I estimate at 30m that can be added to the projected total. SA averaged a 20 multiple at weekends 12 thru 18 with the extended run factored in

write disney. Lets make 400m happen

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/contact-us/corporate-communications

Edited by T E Lawrence

Okay, I think a more realistic goal for Frozen is $285m before the dvd release. It can make $20m after the video release (Avatar made 23m after dvd release), and beat Spirited Away through pure legs, which would be similar to how Frozen barely crossed 400m in the US after it came out on video. It would be a pure nail biter finish though! :unsure:

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

It's true, i have asked him about Frozen estmates and a so-called Nancy email me this and asked me to send her my sources. Now Disney correct itself:2ND UPDATE, MONDAY 9:05 AM PT: While we wait on updated actuals from around the interntaional dial, Disney has revised its numbers for Frozen‘s 12th consecutive weekend atop the Japan box office. The cume this frame was $7.5M, not $5.8M as the studio previously reported. That was 8% above last weekend and pushed Frozen even farther past the $200M mark locally with the cume now at $207.5M

Good that Disney corrected the error and Deadline updated the new actuals.

Box office Mojo didn't update its numbers though. They will likely do it next Sunday as they are lazy.

Edited by Annayya

Huh. I don't really see Bay as the right director for the project. EVA seems like it'd need a bit more nuance. Granted, I haven't seen anything EVA related in over a decade, so maybe Bay is correct for how the series has gone of late.

Bay's TRANSFORMERS 2.0! :D:P

More like Bay's Transformers 7.0 or, in other words, Bay's Transformers I'm-still-making-money-so-I-don't-care-how-bad-these-movies-are. (no offense to EVA, I have no idea what it is. Just making a subtle comment on the Transformers franchise)

1430 TMK1Last tues 7133prev tues 91454500 @ 1300 needs to pick it up

It looks like Frozen is following the same pattern as last week. An unusually strong Monday followed by a weak Tuesday and then leveling out the rest of the week.

Edited by Incarnadine