Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Isn't that slightly disappointing for Cinderella ? It stayed flat on sunday and is about 20% below Maleficient at Toho.

Great holds for Conan and FF7. Not as good for DBZ but was expected. Maybe actuals will come in higher again.

Cinderella opens against  Conan, DBZ and FF7 in their 2nd weekend , Maleficent against Edge of tomorrow opening (250 MYen) and Frozen in its 17th weekend.

• Like 1

That's lower than I expected for Cinderella. But DBZ, Conan, and even FF7 are doing better than I thought they would. I think you're right, competition doesn't really matter in Japan, like what happened last weekend, but when it becomes to much, it will matters. Oh well, I hope Cinderella will have great legs.

In more good news for Disney, Cinderella twirled into Japan with a No. 1 opening and the biggest first-day and weekend for a Western release of 2015. The $4.8M bow was 112% above the opening of Oz: The Great And Powerful and 19% behind the start of Maleficent.

Fox International Productions’ Dragonball Z: Resurrection Of F held strongly in Japan with $3.76M on 646 screens, elevating its cume to $15.16M. That was good for the No. 2 spot behind the incoming Cinderella.

I was wondering that too if maybe it was just a typo but then the $15.16 figure would have to be a typo too.

If Cinderella made that much less than estimates then its reasonable that DBZ would as well but it having a strong hold and being above Conan doesn't seem to fit.

I see an article on one site that says DBZ did $8.4 million according to deadline, then later somewhere else said $8.2 million according to Deadline which I remember it saying but no there's no mention of that and it says it did $8 million.

So maybe those figures aren't entirely accurate because they do get updated over time.

Screen International

Cinderella grossed $8.5m to surge to $284m following a $4.8m number one debt in the final market of Japan.

while Fox International Productions’ Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F held well in Japan on $3.8m to climb to $15.2m after two sessions.

It can't be a mistake if two sites are saying the same.

Screen International

Cinderella grossed $8.5m to surge to $284m following a $4.8m number one debt in the final market of Japan.

while Fox International Productions’ Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F held well in Japan on $3.8m to climb to $15.2m after two sessions.

It can't be a mistake if two sites are saying the same.

Because it's the same source: Rentrak (which reports studio estimates).