Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

3 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

If it jumps this weekend like it did on its first weekend then should be around ~600m yen for FSS

Friday jumps on 1st weekend are always way worse and a worthless comparison afterwards. Friday in japan is a completely normal weekday and usually not even the best weekday (as wednesday is usually better and depending on the film monday often is too) so saturday jumps are better. Absolute worst case scenario should be 800M FSS, I really can't see any lower than that.

Edited by JustLurking

Mario (76 TC) GW PS

5/3(祝) 198回 [×*74 △94 ○30]

5/4(祝) 198回 [×100 △81 ○17]

5/5(祝) 218回 [×129 △74 ○15]

5/6(土) 218回 [×120 △83 ○15]

5/7(日) 210回 [×144 △52 ○14]

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Mario (76 TC) GW PS

5/3(祝) 198回 [×*74 △94 ○30]

5/4(祝) 198回 [×100 △81 ○17]

5/5(祝) 218回 [×129 △74 ○15]

5/6(土) 218回 [×120 △83 ○15]

5/7(日) 210回 [×144 △52 ○14]

What does this mean?

59 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

So Mario has already passed in a mere two weeks what a lot of people here seemed to think pre release was more or less the ceiling for it. Keep on going plumber 

Yeah laughable. And now they have increased the expectations to 15b Yen. So they can talk afterwards if it's not going to make that number.

7 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

So Mario has already passed in a mere two weeks what a lot of people here seemed to think pre release was more or less the ceiling for it. Keep on going plumber 

The irony of making fun of other people's predictions which weren't even ceilings when they are trending a lot closer than what you said was the floor is straight up incredible

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

2nd WKend - ¥2470M

FRI - ¥860M | SAT - ¥790M | SUN - ¥820M

So, 3rd SAT should be ¥430M-¥440M with that drop

I think 450-470. Pretty much spot on on my prediction earlier this week. It's a good jump but 15b is tough from here. Beating frozen2 and maverick more realistic goal and still needs great holds moving forward. Though if it does held great and TOHO pushes it with giveaways I think 15b is possible still.

Edited by JustLurking

33 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Insane hold post Golden week. Going for that 100m USD which would be really impressive. Big question still is can it beat Maverick to finish as biggest hollywood movie post pandemic. 

Need some good weekdays which Mario is lacking - was worried about it even on Holidays as film seems to clicking much on a demography that works on Weekend well - what I said earlier like a Typical Doraemon Film.

You can check how high FRI-SAT Jump went - 7.25x at real time.

$100M is just ¥13.57B. Should happen as long it can index good on Weekend to shorten Weekdays Deficiency but with lack of holidays I am just on ¥13B / $95.8M 

Really need to nutshell that TGM gave on Weekdays to predict beyond ¥15B