Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

27 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I notice that Inside Out 2 is supposedly releasing on August 1st in Japan. That's a Thursday. Are they doing that to take advantage of discounted tickets that happen on the first of the month?

Maybe 

Deadpool 3 will open on Wednesday! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Per Fiscal Report of 11 Distributors, 2024 BO is currently behind of 2023 by 7%

May was quite weak... I hope we don't end up behind by the end of the year..

May also a terrible month for manga market. I guess probably not a great time for jp's economy.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

Demon Slayer's final arc is now confirmed to be a movie trilogy.

2 years ago I would say these 3 movie gonna made $1b cause Demon Slayer nationality level popularity in Japan,now seems the series popularity going down a lot ,series already end and the hype dying down 

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

2 years ago I would say these 3 movie gonna made $1b cause Demon Slayer nationality level popularity in Japan,now seems the series popularity going down a lot ,series already end and the hype dying down 

Not as popular as it was in 2020, but ratings are still ~2x the next closest series (Sazae-san), so I reckon it'll be fine. It's still the most popular series by a stupid amount.

If Conan films are doing over 10b, there should be no reason for DS' to not cross 20.

Edited by JustLurking

14 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Not as popular as it was in 2020, but ratings are still ~2x the next closest series (Sazae-san), so I reckon it'll be fine. It's still the most popular series by a stupid amount.

If Conan films are doing over 10b, there should be no reason for DS' to not cross 20.

Maybe I’m in some bias,Just saw some line research shows JJK more popular than DS in Japan during High school age kids recently,SPYxFamily more popular with teen girls in Japan.

Of course Demon Slayer still most popular one consider all age group,80 years old grandmother in Japan probably know what Demon Slayer is.

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

Maybe I’m in some bias,Just saw some line research shows JJK more popular than DS in Japan during High school age kids recently,SPYxFamily more popular with teen girls in Japan.

Of course Demon Slayer still most popular one consider all age group,80 years old grandmother in Japan probably know what Demon Slayer is.

Social media researches are quite useless in this matter, JJK and SxF also put out weekly/biweekly chapters that generate quite a lot of social media discussion and drug the stats, DS is alive for 11 weeks a year and that's it.

On the yearly report for ratings (live+combined) JJK and SxF can't even make top5, but KnY is top1 by a huge margin, so 😛 I think the numbers speak for themselves. #2 is a fucking KnY rebroadcast lol.

ydJAVnb.png

Of course with streaming they'd probably make this chart, but the tv gap is way too big. DS also generally tops the streaming chart too.

Edited by JustLurking

On 7/1/2024 at 3:15 AM, Brainbug said:

3 Demon Slayer movies.

Poor Japanese will have no money left after theyve come out.

I wish each one sets a new record that would be something to follow 

I don't have an exact timeline of when this happened, but I could have sworn at the beginning of this year, How Do You Live?/The Boy and the Heron was at 8.4 billion JPY. Now according to http://kogyotsushin.com/archives/alltime/ it's at 9.34 billion JPY. I guess because it stuck around without a video release for so long... and the Oscar win?

TOP HOLLYWOOD MOVIES OF 2024 H1

1. Wish ¥3.6B (released in Dec 2023)

2. Wonka ¥2.37B(released in Dec 2023)

3. Oppenheimer ¥1.83B

4. Godzilla X Kingkong ¥1.72B

5. Mad Max: Furiosa  ¥1.0-1.2B

6. PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie ¥960M

7. Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes ¥890M

8. Dune Part ii ¥780M

9. Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom ¥730M

10.Poor Things ¥520M

• Like 4