Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

For Japan and Hollywood, In the grand scheme, IO2 like Avatar 2 does not Japan to make any new heights. Looks like Disney and Deadline reporting it jumped into the top 10 all time without any of the Japan figures.

Even a mediocre performance could be thrown away and it would remain likely to beat The Lion King —- but If it keeps breaking out, good.

*TGM didn’t need China. 

If they’d like to— any new milestones can be achieved with a re-release with maybe 2 Pixar Shorts and few extra minutes in LATAM and USA. Boom Japan 🇯🇵 s rendered even more pointless.

Edited by todos

56 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

So I wasn't wrong after all. Let's see where how the day ends

IO2 probably falling behind DM4 at 3rd place. It's already in 3rd place at AEON &Cinema Sunshine

Edited by Issac Newton

11 hours ago, cannastop said:

Typo? Pretty sure it didn't beat Demon Slayer. :D

I am recently watching Demon Slayer on Netflix and season 2 is basically Mugen Train plus the back story. I saw the subtitled movie as well earlier. I am bit perplexed as to why it was so big. It does not hold candle to Miyazaki classics for sure. 

3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am recently watching Demon Slayer on Netflix and season 2 is basically Mugen Train plus the back story. I saw the subtitled movie as well earlier. I am bit perplexed as to why it was so big. It does not hold candle to Miyazaki classics for sure. 

Because Inouske is the GOAT

3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

The moment is important. When demon slayer first season was released it was enjoyed by everyone especially the animation was too good. Then the movie came at the right time when DS hype was at its peak and the themes resonated very well with audience. 

6 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Context is really important here: When Mugen Train came out in Japan in 2020, the hype for the series was at an all-time high for the Japanese since the Mange had just reached its final climax and the manga sales just completely exploded. It sold like 80 Million (!) copies in Japan alone that year, so literally every 2nd or 3rd Japanese read (and/or watched) Demon Slayer at the time. Also, Mugen Train explored some core ideas that resonate very well with the Japanese like family values and self-sacrifice. It was a perfect storm.

2 hours ago, JustLurking said:

mha tentatively say 420 -> 340 -> 300 = 1.06b 3-day? sales for tomorrow look a lot weaker than they were today and I thought OD would be bigger.

IO2 looks 130-140 ish

took a look at film3 for trend for trend and haikyu film for atp.

thinking 410 -> 310 -> 260 for 980M 3 days but let's see

for IO2 thinking we could see 600M 3days or so but maybe sat bump is better than expected

• Like 1

AEON Tracking is partial. Just 51 Theatres. I am rounding it off to 50K

AEONサイト 2024/08/02_21:18更新 最新デイリー詳細速報(約20分毎更新)

順位 販売数 座席数 回数 館数 映画(作品名)

*1 22884 111395 347 51 僕のヒーローアカデミアTHE_MOVIE_ユアネクスト

*2 *7720 *78518 338 50 インサイド・ヘッド2

• Like 2

10 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Demon slayer manga is basically the most popular manga in Japan's history and the movie came out at the peak of popularity 

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Context is really important here: When Mugen Train came out in Japan in 2020, the hype for the series was at an all-time high for the Japanese since the Mange had just reached its final climax and the manga sales just completely exploded. It sold like 80 Million (!) copies in Japan alone that year, so literally every 2nd or 3rd Japanese read (and/or watched) Demon Slayer at the time. Also, Mugen Train explored some core ideas that resonate very well with the Japanese like family values and self-sacrifice. It was a perfect storm.

Just now, Giorno said:

Demon slayer manga is basically the most popular manga in Japan's history and the movie came out at the peak of popularity 

Makes sense. I did not say I disliked it. But was just surprised by how big it was. But yah. This was endgame for the manga fans. Plus they do set it up well in the 1st season of the anime. While the values/emotions are there, I find Miyazaki's best at a different level. Still good to see a mature market like Japan breaking new admission records recently. You wont see that in any other mature market for sure.