Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Olive's post mentioned last Friday being a holiday. How big of an impact was it?

OD friday was 2.2 m. Maybe w/o holiday last week it holds and does 2.2m. Thought this week would be bigger w SB but other movies dropped thur to fri. Maybe its in line. Midweek was telling me that this weekend would increase. Friday is saying it may stay flat. Edited by mfantin65
  • Like 1

A decrease this weekend looks likely.  Movix is down the most from last week from what I've tracked, and they're the 3rd biggest chain.  

But a decrease was honestly more likely to happen than another increase given how strong its second week turned out to be.  Kid films can see increases during this weekend sometimes, so there was a slight chance Frozen could see another increase, but Frozen doesn't seem to be attracting many of them and is coming off a gargantuan second weekend. 

(Is WOKJ still down for everybody here?)

A decrease this weekend looks likely.  Movix is down the most from last week from what I've tracked, and they're the 3rd biggest chain.  

But a decrease was honestly more likely to happen than another increase given how strong its second week turned out to be.  Kid films can see increases during this weekend sometimes, so there was a slight chance Frozen could see another increase, but Frozen doesn't seem to be attracting many of them and is coming off a gargantuan second weekend. 

(Is WOKJ still down for everybody here?)

It's still down but you're more then welcome to post here.  ;)  :D

God's Medical Records 2 is such a bomb.  It looks to be down 35/40% even after a majorly disappointing opening weekend.  

At least Toho has The Mole Song overperforming and looking to finish with 2.2/2.3 billion (~$21/22 million), and this weekend's opener Team Batista movie adaptation looks like it may reach 200 million (~$2 million) over the weekend, so 1 billion+ ($10 million+) is likely.  

"Miss granny" (korean movie) is said to be set for a release in Japan in July. 

Are there any prior Korean movies that have done at all well there?

Also it's a comedy/human drama movie, how does that genre generally play among Japanese audiences?

So this weekend Frozen is gonna make around the same as its OW. That's still great. We're just spoiled by the weekday numbers. It looks like Doraemon also dropped from last Saturday. Very small drop, but for the last 3 years, Doraemon and other kids movies always increased on the last weekend of March, so I expected the same thing this year. Maybe Sunday will be stronger.

I'll post some updates tomorrow morning, whether WOKJ is still down or not.

If WOKJ still wasn't down I would already be updating all my third weekend, third week totals, and smaller charts like biggest animated films after 3 weeks, biggest March/Spring releases, etc. :P    I didn't see any announcements about the forum going down Thursday, so hopefully everything is alright there. I have very few of my lists and information saved outside of those forums, whether it's data posted in my thread or saved in my inbox/drafts...

I hope it's just some forum update that's taking an unfortunate amount of time (2/3 days now I think?).